By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Blue Shell- Infinite Mode!

famousringo said:
DMeisterJ said:
amp316 said:
Millennium said:
DMeisterJ said:
They should have never put the blue shell in the fucking game to begin with.

It makes being in last the best position.

No, actually, it doesn't. It makes maintaining a close lead the best position, so that you can duck behind another player, let them take the shell for you, and retake first place. Such close leads, incidentally, make the game more fun for everyone involved. If you prefer adolescent displays of dominance, kindly play another game that panders to your fetish, rather than whining about how this particular one rewards playing in a way that more people enjoy.

Wrong again.  Having a huge lead is the best position.  Then the blue shell doesn't even matter.

What about a blue shell/lightning/pow combo?  Fun right?

That'll knock anyone from first to twelth.

Nah, that's not the killer. Lightning is almost as bad for 2nd place as it is for first, and POW hits everybody equally, except for those lucky enough to have a ramp to hit or skilled enough to reduce the impact.

The real killer is having 2nd place be just close enough to launch red shells, then having 2nd place get a triple red shell after you've had your ass-armor blown off with with a blue shell/lightning bolt/whatever. If second place doesn't have range for red shells, you're sitting pretty.

Honestly, it's much harder when you aren't in first. Everybody in the middle is subject to a barrage of koopa shells, bob-ombs, super mushrooms and bullet bills. By getting away from that bloodbath, first place can cruise relatively unmolested in the front while all the other crabs drag each other back into the bucket. If you really think the occaisional blue shell is harder to cope with than all those other attacks, then enjoy your time in the bloodbath.

You've obviously never played 150cc.

Occasional and blue shell are not in the same sentence.

Around the Network

@ Tuoyo. You know that normally doesn't happen unless you are playing a group of people at about your level.

@ famous ringo. My points exactly. The middle of the pack is much worse to be in then the front. One blue shell is no where as bad as 15 red ones.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

@ DMJ I have played it and it's not that hard. You sound like the reviewers that couldn't master the game immediately and gave it a low score. I kill the bots always. Good "real" racers are much harder to play against.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

DMeisterJ said:
famousringo said:

Nah, that's not the killer. Lightning is almost as bad for 2nd place as it is for first, and POW hits everybody equally, except for those lucky enough to have a ramp to hit or skilled enough to reduce the impact.

The real killer is having 2nd place be just close enough to launch red shells, then having 2nd place get a triple red shell after you've had your ass-armor blown off with with a blue shell/lightning bolt/whatever. If second place doesn't have range for red shells, you're sitting pretty.

Honestly, it's much harder when you aren't in first. Everybody in the middle is subject to a barrage of koopa shells, bob-ombs, super mushrooms and bullet bills. By getting away from that bloodbath, first place can cruise relatively unmolested in the front while all the other crabs drag each other back into the bucket. If you really think the occaisional blue shell is harder to cope with than all those other attacks, then enjoy your time in the bloodbath.

You've obviously never played 150cc.

Occasional and blue shell are not in the same sentence.

Haha. I have one star rating or better on all Grand Prix and about 8k VBR.

It's true that blue shells seem to be more common in 150cc than they are online, though.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Wow this video is a virus. I do not want to be first again. Hopefully, Larry,Roland and brawlforlife are donig a good job staying in front.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Around the Network

I'd love to see an infinite lightning bolt version of this: so much pain could be caused.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz