By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Blue Shell- Infinite Mode!

Is getting a three star ranking easy Kirby?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
yushire said:

Err... I disagree with you there, MK Wii isnt a competitve game, Ninty toned the game to suite the casuals. Thats why there are many imbalance items on the game, and the last place always have the good stuff. Im still playing it though, not online though...

I strongly disagree with this. The last place has always had the good stuff. Getting a VR as high as possible or a three star ranking make it an extremely competitive game. I like you yushire but Mario Kart Wii is FAR from casual in certain gaming circles.

I

Do you mean the original Mario Kart or MK Wii? Because I really agree with you on Mario Kart, not MK Wii. Anyway, I look online and see what items Mario Kart have theres no bullet bill on Mario Kart

Green Shell: Fires out straight in front of you or you can set it behind
you.

Red Shell: Heat seeking shell, goes for the racer closest to you. It takes
the shortest path possible, which leads it into a wall where it dies out.
Best used at close range.

Banana Peel: Fires out in front of you or behind you. It shoots into the
air so it can clear barriers but you cannot control its landing point.

Ghostie: Only available in two player mode. It steals whatever the other
person has in their box and turns you invisible for a brief period of time.

Star: Turns you invincible allowing you to take out anything you run into
except walls. Water, Lava, and falling into the black abyss that is Ghost
Valley terminates your star. You also drive faster when invincible.

Feather: Gives you a spin jump which is higher than the normal L or R jump.
It is excellent for jumping over Thwumps and taking shortcuts in races over
the barriers. Not available in all tracks.

Lightning Bolt: It's the hardest item to obtain but also very good. When
used all the racers except for you shrink, causing them to move slower and
if you hit them, causing them to spin out. Not available in Battlemode.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

LOL HAAHHAHAHAHA omg, that is the funniest crap I have seen and at the same time I truly hate that person. lol.

I hope Nintendo bans him and anyone else from online play. They also really need to figure out how to either allow voting bans or completely plug this type of hole.

They should have never put the blue shell in the fucking game to begin with.

It makes being in last the best position.

Yes. Items have been added but trust me. If a casual play plays a skilled player, the skilled player will win 9 out 10 times at least. Probably more like 19 out of 20.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Test that theory against me and see who wins. 

DMeisterJ said:

The blue shells isnt in Mario Kart to begin with, it just added later maybe in Double Dash, the only item that have massive damage before was the thunbderbolt the rest are upgrades to previous items like the 3 red shells.

@amp316----> So a skill player can outdo the POW block?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Yes flip up the controller at the right time and you stay at full speed on a POW block. Also blue shells were in Mario Kart 64.

DMeisterJ said:

No, actually, it doesn't. It makes maintaining a close lead the best position, so that you can duck behind another player, let them take the shell for you, and retake first place. Such close leads, incidentally, make the game more fun for everyone involved. If you prefer adolescent displays of dominance, kindly play another game that panders to your fetish, rather than whining about how this particular one rewards playing in a way that more people enjoy.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

amp316 said:
Yes flip up the controller at the right time and you stay at full speed on a POW block. Also blue shells were in Mario Kart 64.

so true

and no i don't have a 3 star raking XD

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.