By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Gaming PC for the price of a console, that outperforms a console :)

vlad321 said:
^ I was more surprised at Bloodrayne 2 being on there.

Surprised that it is on there, or surprised that there are 2 people playing it? LOL.

Around the Network

2 people playing it. What the hell are they thinking? If I wanted to play Bloodrayne (which does seem enticing wiht all the tearing of limbs and stuff) I would save myself the embarrassment of displaying to the whole world.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I'm sorry, but the wii is 250$ and the xbox360 is now 199$... so it doesn't beat their prices. Hell, PS3's are 399$.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Downsides: smaller community of RL people to play with have to play online, have to know how to build a PC and then build it, imo fewer games than consoles. Also, can you use a 360 controller for PC gaming? Not being able to use a gamepad ruins alot of games, but keyboard mouse is better for some games (RTS and FPS springs to mind) so its a trade off.

Hawkeye said:
Downsides: smaller community of RL people to play with have to play online, have to know how to build a PC and then build it, imo fewer games than consoles.

There are not fewer games, look at that list.  But a lot of those games are old as ****.

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
I like a powerful computer as much as the next person but PC is not suitable for gaming, at least not as much as a console is. Yes, you have matched close to a PS3's price tag with a heft amount of good stuff for your computer. Buy can it play PS3 games? NO, it cant. Can my PS3 play computer games? Yes. Can your PC, play bluray? No. Can my PS3 play bluray,dvd,cd (actually even hddvd with small modifications)? Yes. Does your computer also come with 4 usb ports, sd card readers, ipod dock port, etc? I doubt it. Maybe the usb ports part. Not to mention there was assembly required for your PC so that brings down it's worth just a tad.

Dont get me wrong your PC sounds awsome, very efficient from the specs. It just simply does not stand up to a console. Have fun with that though :)

And let's see, does your PS3 runTurboTax, Photoshop,use to write a book store, make websites, do anything that'll help you make a living even write a nice letter to granny. No,because it's an expensive toy that plays games and moviesand that's it.

A PC is an actual useful tool that does actual grown up thingslike make a living and throws in the ability to play movies and games as an added benefit and in the form of a notebook wraps it up in a fully self contained portable form. Anyone out there ever play thier PS3 on an airplane, or when stuck in the airport for a four hour layover?

I love the OP for writing this up. I so can't wait to get my own PC gaming rig!!!!

Hawkeye said:

Downsides: smaller community of RL people to play with have to play online, have to know how to build a PC and then build it, imo fewer games than consoles. Also, can you use a 360 controller for PC gaming? Not being able to use a gamepad ruins alot of games, but keyboard mouse is better for some games (RTS and FPS springs to mind) so its a trade off.

I've played COD with 60 people online, seemed big enough to me.

You don't have to build anything. Buy a basic cheap $300 box with a decent CPU load up  full  memory and a good graphic card and you are good to go with a pretty damn good gaming PC. If you don't feel comfortable even putting in a graphic card or memory the geeky guys at Best Buy or Circuit City will do it for you for a few bucks.

You can get awide selection of gamepads for  the PC although why anyone would want one of those archaic pieces of crap is beyond me.

flagship said:
Or you could get a premium 360 with 3 games for $500. The real problem with the gaming PC is in 3 years you won't be able to play high end games without at least upgrading the graphics card while the 360 will still play the latest release just fine. High end PC gaming is an expensive hobby.

I can play Crysis with my 2 going on 3 year old computer fine,Sure it dosent have the best graphics but at least i can play it,so why cant consoles play Gears on xbox 1 or Resistance on PS2??

Thats right you have to buy a HOLE NEW console,When PC gaming you can stick with what you have,you dont have to have the best graphics and most standard computers come with good parts for PC gaming.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DDCWOA2&s=dhs

Look a PS3 only thing missing is Blue ray and Wifi,but you can do 100x more things than those so it makes up for it.

PC = Custom Hotrods

Console = Manufactory made no custom stuff dull!

thetonestarr said:
Username2324 said:
I'm not seeing a blu-ray drive anywhere in there..... No HDMI or 5.1 sound either..... What's that? No wireless!? Where'd my blu tooth go!?

lol simpleton.

DVI essentially is HDMI, particularly on this videocard's output. And this videocard has dual DVI output. I don't believe the PS3 is capable of dual screening, eh?

And the motherboard has 8 channel sound, which is VASTLY superior to 5.1.

So yeah, you're right. It doesn't have HDMI or 5.1 sound. It has better. Do you need help getting your foot out of your mouth?

As for wireless, BenKenobi hit the nail on the head. That's a miniscule concern. I, for one, have like four wifi AND bluetooth USB dongles sitting around that he could have for free if it's that big a concern. :

I am no simpleton.

DVI is not DHMI, DVI cannot deliver sound. And the discussion is not that you can build a computer to do stuff the PS3 can't, it is that you can build a computer that can do what the PS3 can for around the same price.

And oooo, integrated audio! I'm sure that it's THX, Dolby Digital, Dolby TreuHD, DTS and DTS HD certified among others.

And 7.1 is hardly any better than 5.1, especially if you don't have a good card running it.

As for the wireless, to build a "Gaming PC for the price of a console, that outperforms a console" that gaming pc should be able to perform the same taks as the console, so wireless ought to be included, as well as blu-ray.

I believe you're the one that needs to get his foot out of his mouth. And why don't you consider being more respectful as well jackass.