By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will continue wiining streak over X360

hunter_alien said:
Lol... as much as I would like the PS3 will not be able to get ahead the 360 this year. In best case it could diminish the lead down to 3 million but thats all, and even that is unlikely...

==> so true ... +1

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Got no problem with people being a PS3 fan I will be getting one to go with my new 52 inch bravia LCD, but lets base it on some sort of reality. The PS3 will outsell the 360 going forward seems a little far fetched. MS has the price cut an if that dosen't work they will try something else. The thread is a little off

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

remember the days wen we had xbots saying the PS3 wasnt even going to reach 10 million and sony fans just stayed quite because we knew wat was gonna happen. know its the other way around PS3 has and will outsell 360 for the rest of this gen and they know it so there just hiding away til next gen.

^great way to get free games and accessories for PS3,360,Wii,PSP and DS. Residents of US,UK,CANADA and AUSTRALIA (It actually Works i have done it and their is testimonials with pics)

Rock_on_2008 said:
Darn it I misspelled winning lol. Such is life and PS3 looks like it will be unstoppable in regards to X360 not being able to match it in weekly console sales. 80GB and 160GB will boost PS3 hardware sales, combined with HOME out soon and a truckload of PS3 exclusive games on the way.

PS3 is going to smash X360 in console sales.

What exlusives does Sony have coming out?

Thread title:

"PS3 will continue wiining streak over X360"

Hey Rock, you got Wii on the brains or something?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Granted the PS3 has momentum but I don't think it can continuously outsell the 360. A bold prediction before the price drop I might add. We'll see in the next 4 weeks. :)

Viper1 said:

Thread title:

"PS3 will continue wiining streak over X360"

Hey Rock, you got Wii on the brains or something?

PS3 is going to start selling like the Wii and hammer X360 in weekly console sales.

legend92 said:
remember the days wen we had xbots saying the PS3 wasnt even going to reach 10 million and sony fans just stayed quite because we knew wat was gonna happen. know its the other way around PS3 has and will outsell 360 for the rest of this gen and they know it so there just hiding away til next gen.

I'll borrow a common saying used by Fanboys here:

"Link or it didn't happen"

because I don't think anyone would have been stupid enough (unless they were being sarcastic just to stir trouble) to think that a company that's dominated with at least 50 million+ consoles sold for each of the previous 2 generations would only manage to pull in just 10 million. I mean Nintendo's decline lasted 2 generations before it hit "rock bottom".

Also Rock_On, I believe you're incorrect.

We´ll see... in Europe it seems as if the PS3 will definitely beat the 360..in Japan the 360 never really had a chance, no matter how many JRPGs MS throws at them...now we´re left to see if that $199 price in the U.S. will get the 360 to take off like a rocket on a consistent and regular basis, enough to offset Europe and Japan over the PS3.

I have to go along with rock-on because i believe he is right my prediction for LBP 1st weeks sales of PS3 consoles across the whole of europe i reckon will be between 500K-700k across north america 400K-500k and japan 150K-250K, this isnt including 1st week sales when resisantce is released but i belive the ps3 wont shift as many consoles as LBP, the only game that i see that will shift Xbox 360 consoles will be Gears of War 2 i can't see Fable 2 putting a dent in it that much but i maybe wrong, i for one will be giving that game a miss i wasnt a fan of the first, LBP, Resistance 2 an Gears of War 2 are the games that interest me most for the remainder of the year, my 2 most anticipated games for 2009 on ps3 are Heavy Rain and White Knight Chronicles which is rumoured to be unveiled at the TGS.