By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Greatest Zelda game ever...

Minish Cap!!

Am I the only one?

EDIT: Phoenix Wiight is with me. Link to the past was great, but The Minish Cap is just sooo much better than it.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

Ocarina of Time was the best, every 3D game since has pretty much rehashed that games gameplay verbatim. Link to the Past was fun but extremely easy. Especially after playing through the merciless Zelda II. Getting to last dungeon in Zelda II was challenge enough then you still has to actually make it through the damned thing and fight the boss.

yeah but the last boss was the biggest joke of the whole game. All you have to do is sit in the corner and slash.

Can love bloom on the battlefield?                 Proud supporter of this gen!!!

You forgot Zelda on the CD-i. That gets my vote.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

It's hard to say, but IMO it's A Link To The Past.

Majora's Mask wins for best story.

Ocarina of Time wins for best 3-D Zelda (and N64 game in general)

But Link to the Past is the one Link to rule them all! It's the epitome of everything Zelda that we know and love, and every game in the series since has owed their entire existence to A Link to the Past.

Edit:  Honorable mention to Zelda II:  my first Zelda and most cherished NES game... I wish they'd do another action/side scrolling Zelda.  The closest game to this style is Ys III: Wanderers from Ys, just as hard but just as awesome.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

I would have said Link to the Past a few weeks ago but after playing through it again without rose tinted glasses I'd have to say that Link's Awakening DX and Ocarina of Time are superior.

Ocarina of Time with Majora's Mask close behind. :D