By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Good Evening, Mr. Bond. Will it be the Wii or the 360? (GoldenEye 64)

makes sense. For me I don't think I'd like it on VC, it would take up way to much space.

Luckilly I still have my N64 cart, so I don't think I'll get it for Live either though.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Is this actually coming out on XBLA? I thought Nintendo and Rare co-owned it?

More than just them. It seems there are four major hands playing in where this game goes. MGM, Activision, Nintendo and Microsoft(RARE's owner). I don't think anyone knows exactly where the holdup is, but there were leaked screens of GoldenEye taken from some Euro publication with heavily enhanced graphics and an article showing it coming to Xbox Live. So obviously it isn't MS holding it up. My best bet is either Nintendo, because they want their own version, or Activision so GoldenEye doesn't step all over the toes of the Quantum of Solace game.

M$ already has a version finished and ready to go, but cannot release it because of ownership issues.

Don't need this anyway... Halo 1 is being released free on Xbox Live and theres always Halo 3. Why would I play goldeneye with those two versions of Halo available?

Tease.

I could live a full life without ever playing Goldeneye again. If there's a home port, it should go to the 360 though. Virtual Console games normally release exactly as they were (except without rumble). 360 re-releases normally pack the original version AND an updated, graphically improved version. I wouldn't buy it, but why wouldn't I support improvement? The fans would win, if nothing else.

More and moe of the news seems to be that the hang up is Activision-Blizzard rather than Nintendo these days. (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54065)

That being said, if it is to be released, it is more likely to be multiplatform than exclusive, in my opinion.

Now, on to the site that put up this "column." The next most recent piece in the Nintendo section describes the Big N's business model as "Nintendo: A Greek Tragedy in the Making" (http://news.gotgame.com/nintendo-a-greek-tragedy-in-the-making/#more-8594). That tells one all that is needed ab out the perspective of the site. When you say things like the Wii has fewer and fewer games coming out for it (FALSE in terms of quantity) and that gamers want more than to play games (DEBATABLE, depends on the gamer), you have preconceived notions that permeate the site (I realize the pieces have different authors ... but the attitude is the same).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Beja-Beja said:
no let the game die already its not as good as you remember it.

The multiplayer kicked large loads of bottled ass so I think it's as good as I remember.

Squilliam said:
Don't need this anyway... Halo 1 is being released free on Xbox Live and theres always Halo 3. Why would I play goldeneye with those two versions of Halo available?

Because its better than Halo?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Squilliam said:

Where did you hear this?  Is this from that crazy rumor post?  This would be incredibly friggen awesome.  I think that they should release this when they have their big Halo event announcing all of their upcoming Halo games(Chronicles, Bungie's, Halo 4, etc), it would drum up some extra excitement.

Last I heard, Nintendo still has some say in whether or not the game appears on the XBLA, just as Nintendo is still involved in other Rare titles. Nintendo used to publish the majority of Rare games, so they had rights over them. Granted, Activision-Blizzard now owns the rights to the franchise for gaming, but I believe Nintendo still has some say since they published the game originally.

They should just release it, unchanged, on both XBLA and Wii VC.

JaggedSac said:
amp316 said:
I'm not biased. That game is amazing. I have a Connery avatar. Brosnan isn't fit to tie his shoes. GoldenEye is a great game though.

What do you think about Craig?

I like Craig better than Brosnan.  When he hits someone it looks like it would hurt.  Brosnan would be too afraid to break a nail or something.  Connery is better than all of them put together.   

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger