By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Madden NFL first week sales on PS2/PS3/xbox/x360/GC/Wii/PSP in NA

coolestguyever said:
pretty solid PS3 sales, almost doubled since 08. PS2 still putting up a quarter million.

It was never popular on the gamecube, and considering its userbase pretty bad showing on the wii. about 1/3 of the PS3's sales with over double the userbase.

True, however, unlike the PS3, the Wii's versions of the game have much longer legs. LTD I bet they will end very similar in total sales. Granted, the Wii version should be higher due to its base, but, obviously the Wii base is not equal to the PS3 base as a demographic. The wii has a much larger group who don't care for sport games in general.

Around the Network

Odd PSP numbers

Great improvments on the Wii and PS3, but i think Wii will just outsell the PS3 version, the legs of MAdden 08 were insane, and the Wii version this year offers something different then then it's HD brothers, COS mode is brilliant, 5 on 5 also uber fun. I think both PS3 and Wii versions will make 1 milion.

It was released on GC?!

ANOTHER NOOB

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Odd PSP numbers

it as bundled this year. Heck, I would have gotten the bundle if they hadn't announced the PSP-3000. Now I'm waiting for that...

OT: nice comparison, bad analysis.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

CrazzyMan said:
Well, PS2 crowd slowly moving to PS3.

Wii and PSP are also getting some love.

X360 has reached it`s potential.

thanks for coming out of the closet.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

or the 360 sales were down in anticipation of a real price drop, it had been speculated on for awhile, and madden is one of those games where people read up on things going on

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

CrazzyMan said:
Well, PS2 crowd slowly moving to PS3.

Wii and PSP are also getting some love.

X360 has reached it`s potential.

Madden is not a game people buy specific systems for... the reason PS3 and Wii numbers have increased so much is because there wasn't enough consoles out there for the previous versions.

360 decresed a little because so many people already have a Madden game on it. (So yes you are correct with this, but the same will likely happen with PS3 for 2010 version.

PS2 decreasing now because it is losing popularity.

Not sure what's going on with PSP... did 08 get bad reviews or something? as it seems people from previous years held off on 08 to get 09 instead.