By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will the Wii get a price drop?

When hell freezes over.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

When the 360 price have a significance boost, then sony will follow. If both system get a significance boost then they'll force nintendo to counter it with a price drop.

2011 around christmas.........

I think they will run bundles around 2010 and colors then to go with that a year later I think their will be wii's with a dvd/cd player all standard to keep it at 250$...........

sales are not going to stop all at once it's going to take awhile and the wii is most definitely going to good this christmas and even if it did half as good around christmas time in 2009 or 2010 their best would be to leave it at 250$..........

I think once the wii hits about 120k a week in sales then they will do a price drop + theirs about 3or4 more countries without wii's and their are still shortages so we might not see a price drop till 2012 and the wii truly does have the longest lifespan and it probably will pass the ps2 so I don't think their will be a pricedrop for years..........

I think they will do a 50$ price drop when they do drop the price...........

I could be wrong about my prediction but I honestly think it will drop in 2011or2012.........

I don't think the 360 has the carisma to make the wii feel the burn.......... maybe the ps3 though but their 2 completely different consoles so maybe not even that..........

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
There will likely be a Wii bundle with Wii Sports Resort and Motion Plus. In that time, I would say $250 for the Wii Sports Resort/Motion Plus combo and $200 for a Wii with the old Wii Sports.

I agree.  Or something similar, if Wii Sports Resorts is considered 'old' by the time of the cut.  So, spring 09 is too soon.  Recovering from sell outs of holiday 08.  Maybe this time next year, but more likely 2010.

Also, it will be around 1 year after new colors are introduced.  Black, blue and definitely pink.  I swear, pink DSes sell like hotcakes to the gaming girls.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Snesboy said:
This Christmas. Wii consoles are becoming more readily available. Just the other day I saw like 10 at Walmart.

Xbox 360 is seeing a price cut to $200 (I believe the Arcade bundle or something) and Nintendo will have to compete. Why buy a Wii when the 360 is 50 dollars cheaper?

I expect the Wii's price to be cut to $199.95 this Christmas.

SNESBoy

Where are you located?

The reason I am asking is I think that Wal-Mart has sent too many Wiis to more rural areas.

I saw 5 or 6 in Kingwood, WV last week and there are reports of over a dozen in Wayne, WV (and having been there forever).

Mike from Morgantown

Who also last month saw a dozen Wavebirds in Moorefield, WV.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
Snesboy said:
This Christmas. Wii consoles are becoming more readily available. Just the other day I saw like 10 at Walmart.

Xbox 360 is seeing a price cut to $200 (I believe the Arcade bundle or something) and Nintendo will have to compete. Why buy a Wii when the 360 is 50 dollars cheaper?

I expect the Wii's price to be cut to $199.95 this Christmas.

SNESBoy

Where are you located?

The reason I am asking is I think that Wal-Mart has sent too many Wiis to more rural areas.

I saw 5 or 6 in Kingwood, WV last week and there are reports of over a dozen in Wayne, WV (and having been there forever).

Mike from Morgantown

Who also last month saw a dozen Wavebirds in Moorefield, WV.

I live in a community (Canton, MI) about 30 minutes outside of Detroit and about 20 minutes away from Ann Arbor, MI.

Price drops are for the weak! *cough*

It will be a while,but i say in 2010.
Because i think in 2009 is when they will release the new colors,then around the end of 2009 a different bundle(wii sports+another game),and then around the middle of 2010(summer time) is when it gets its price drop,and im expecting a $50,after that then im not sure how long it will take until it gets another price drop.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"