By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Everyone is asking about Street Fighter IV on Wii

i want sf nao...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

I bet they bring over that SF vs with another license like marvel again or some such...

The game looks alright, but Street Fighter's glory days are over. Your time is better spent petitioning for RE5.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I think the problem is, internet forumgoers are not really representative of demand for a game. We can be part of a sample audience, but if Capcom really needs to find out whether there is Wii demand for Street Fighter IV, forums are not where they will find it. We have a very skewed view of what will actually sell in most cases.

No More Heroes has 297 owners on this site and 330,000 owners in the real world
Zack & Wiki has 342 owners on this site and 410,000 owners in the real world

Now on the opposite end...

Red Steel has 182 owners on this site and 1,060,000 owners in the real world

None of this is supposed to be concrete. It's just showing that internet folk are not always going to be what publishers think of when they search for demand, even if it's written to a bunch of forum members. We do not have great buying power but we have big mouths.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

They should remake SF3: The Third Strike for Wii. I'd so buy it. :D

Around the Network
Cougarman said:
Gearbox said:
The wii is for kids and people are begining to realise this now. It's a novelty and a kids console.. Get a ps3 or 360.

you are not true ps3 fanboy after all, how dare you recommend 360?

that made me lol

good thing hes banned, its about time too

OT:like i said before i hope it does happen

Capcom and a few other developers likes talking about bringing their games to the Wii but doing it is another story. Anything that comes out these days saying "We may put this game on the Wii" I take with a grain of salt.

I would buy that game if it came to wii, but only if it came to wii. Because that is all I own as far as next gen consoles.

What's odd is that they're porting Dead Rising, one of Capcom's more difficult games to scale down to Wii effectively. SF4 and RE5 would be relatively easier to do.

i dunno about RE5 but SF4 shouldn't be that hard to port. The gameplay certainly wouldn't be affected in any way. I don't know if it will sell more than the PS3 version but it would sell over a million copies i'm sure of that, and i don't see how that isn't a good enough reason.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X