By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation 3 Updates Thread

Here's the new features for 2.50, just realeased today (October 15)

Around the Network

It doesn't actually mention the screen capture there as far as I can see.
Am I just being blind? Could somebody bold it please?

Also, how do you use the feature?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

You cannot use the feature right now, it has to be supported by each game individually as the trophy system for instance.

2.51 came out today, but it is mainly for Demo units

I'm a little slow but here's 2.53

New for 2.53

• The full-screen mode setting in Adobe® Flash® Player is now supported in the Internet Browser.*
  • Live movie (using RTMP format) playability.*

Around the Network

This thread should be sticky'd.

4 ≈ One

Here's version 2.70

Stickied because I think this is a great thread.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I wonder what other things 2.7 have brought. It hasn't exactly been overwhelming, and we usually see smaller details about the FW update coming in later.

Rainbird said:
I wonder what other things 2.7 have brought. It hasn't exactly been overwhelming, and we usually see smaller details about the FW update coming in later.

This is also included in the 2.70 update:

You can now select an option to reduce the difference in volum level between tracks to help avoid sudden, loud output. You can set this option in [Settings] > [Music Settings] > [Dynamic Normilizer].

You can now copy and paste text. You can copy text from the internet browser and paste it into the text entry field of the on-screen keyboard to make it easier to enter text.

Using the internet, you can now search for the latest information about the games that you own. To use this feature, select the icon for the game, and then select [Internet Search] from the options menu. (Pretty interesting new feature)

Also your friends profile loads up much faster.