By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Crow Eating Thread

So, for those who are unaware of what eating crow is, here is a definition from answer.com:

eat crow

Also, eat dirt or humble pie. Be forced to admit a humiliating mistake, as in When the reporter got the facts all wrong, his editor made him eat crow.

I made mention of creating a thread specifically for this when people make predictions that are TOTALLY wrong. This isn't a specific thread for ONE incident. This thread is for ALL incidents of completely wrong predictions, especially when the person making said prediction is ABSOLUTELY certain they cannot be wrong.

This initial post is just to describe the purpose of this thread. To make a person eat crow, you have to acurately cite their misquotes, and that person, upon seeing this thread, must eat crow.

Example (completely off topic):
If some random person said: "Apple's iPod will never be famous", you would quote their passage in this thread and tell them to fess up to their incorrect prediction, to which said person will admit they were wrong, hence, eating crow.

Be gentle

Around the Network

I expect John Lucas in here when they show MGS 4 running at the Sony booth next week and end his crazy theory about it never coming on the PS3...

Are you ready John Lucas?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I suspect those who make the most outlandish predictions will make their appearances lol

I've got my eye on Gballzack for one

Dolla Dolla said:
I suspect those who make the most outlandish predictions will make their appearances lol

I've got my eye on Gballzack for one

Where did Gballzack's new account disappear to? Akhmed Tepisch or whatnot...

She had a new account?

She's back in her original form, with a knife and fork, ready for some delicious crow, no doubt.

Around the Network

http://kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/gamestop-eb-only-selling-zelda-bundled-online-213430.php
I agree with the bundle screwing part, however:

My opinion? Don't buy. With an estimated 4 million unit shipping before the end of the year, I have a hard time believing you, Joe Consumer, won't be able to walk into Target, a Best Buy, a Circuit City, and score one, along with games you actually want. Rage against the bundle machine! Don't let the Man dictate what you buy!

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ckmlb said:
I expect John Lucas in here when they show MGS 4 running at the Sony booth next week and end his crazy theory about it never coming on the PS3...

But, if he is right, then we all expect you to be in here with crow in hand, ready to eat...

ItsaMii said:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/gamestop-eb-only-selling-zelda-bundled-online-213430.php
I agree with the bundle screwing part, however:

My opinion? Don't buy. With an estimated 4 million unit shipping before the end of the year, I have a hard time believing you, Joe Consumer, won't be able to walk into Target, a Best Buy, a Circuit City, and score one, along with games you actually want. Rage against the bundle machine! Don't let the Man dictate what you buy!

Excellent example. I kinda doubt a kotaku writer will stop by to accept his dish of crow, though. But if they happen to ...

ckmlb said:

Just because a game is running on a system at E3 doesn't mean that it will ever actually be released for that system ...

His prediction can come true up until the day the game is actually released 

Keep on believing... keep hope alive....

MGS 4 Wii exclusive it's coming...