By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - We should all buy The Conduit when is realease.........

I don't expect the single player campaign to be earth-shattering in any way, but as long as the controls are tight, which so far they appear to be just about perfect (tons of customization), the environments improve a bit and the online multiplayer is near flawless, this is a day 1 purchase for me.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

No More Heroes was a smashing success and the best selling title Suda51 has ever made. It is ignorant to include it in a list of games that has done poorly.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
ctk495 said:

Well if they were making a crappy game then why would ign and other gaming sites hype then so much?Why not ignore there game since it comes from this mediocre developer who doesn't seem to make any good games?Maybe the reason could be since they saw potential in the conduit. In addition time matters if you were given a piece of work to complete it in a limit amount of time it would not be that good since you can't fully add everything you want to it.

Lair was being extremely hyped until just before the game was to be released. Haze was hyped until right before the games release. Mario Kart Wii was getting slammed by reviewers until right before its release. They are playing early builds and are forced to be more accepting of bugs and problems in the game. Those bugs and issues may or may not be fixxed before the game is released. All the hype from IGN proves is that they enjoy the game and think it is possible for it to come out well. That is in no way shape or form a guarantee, or even strong evidence that the game will be good.

But there is more chance of it turning out to be good since it offers good visuals and features like online and wiispeak unlike other games.In addition high voltage understands the wii owners and it's trying to make a game for us.It's not that it will suck ,did no more heroes suck?did zack and wiki suck?.Both of this games were being hyped by ign and other video games sites and they turn out to be good and your example apart from mario kart(which turned out to be good) are from ps3 games they have nothing to do with the wii so far all the great efforts to do something unique have paid off by good reviews.

Gnizmo said:
No More Heroes was a smashing success and the best selling title Suda51 has ever made. It is ignorant to include it in a list of games that has done poorly.

Are you refering to my first post I was saying that compare to other wii games it sold decently.I admit that for a Suda51 tittle it sold really well(is there best selling game if I'm not wrong.)

ctk495 said:

But there is more chance of it turning out to be good since it offers good visuals and features like online and wiispeak unlike other games.In addition high voltage understands the wii owners and it's trying to make a game for us.It's not that it will suck ,did no more heroes suck?did zack and wiki suck?.Both of this games were being hyped by ign and other video games sites and they turn out to be good and your example apart from mario kart(which turned out to be good) are from ps3 games they have nothing to do with the wii so far all the great efforts to do something unique have paid off by good reviews.

It does look pretty. Lair looks absolutely gorgeous. The system the game was released on makes no difference They hyped the games because they thought it would be good and look what happened. The only reason I can't pull up more examples for the Wii is because there has been less hype in general for Wii games. This is also one of the reasons they are pushing it so hard I imagine. Even if it is a generic shooter, it is one of maybe 5 decent generic shooters on the console. That does not make the game good, but makes it seem more appealing to some.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
Onyxmeth said:
ctk495 said:
Voltaire said:
First day purchase for my, no doubt about that.

This is the kind of attitude everyone on this thread should have :)

So then on the flipside should we also not purchase any games that interest the non-gamers regardless of their good quality since that too would send a message to publishers? I just don't get the mentality of buying a game simply for the reason of sending a message.

High Voltage talks...a lot. I have no idea whether the game is good or bad at this point, but I know marketing and that kind of talk they do is pure marketing, which is getting eaten up by a good majority of people in this topic. They've done such a good job speaking sympathetically to Wii's veteran gamers that some of you are willing to buy this game regardless of it's quality. That right there is brilliant marketing on their part and have attracted many people into this trance.

The bottom line is, the dam already has cracked. These games are beginning to squeeze through and the crack will only get larger, regardless of whether the Conduit is a good or shitty game. You don't need to buy it simply to prove a point. Buy it because you want a sci-fi first person shooter, or just save your money for the next veteran game that appeals to you. The Conduit is not the Wii's savior. That title obviously belongs to MadWorld.

I am not really saying that The Conduit is the wii savior it obviously logically won't sell a millon copies.This thread is basicly for the wii owners to give The Conduit a try since the developer is putting effort on making the game by adding features like wiispeak and online,mainly since most third party games don't offer this.So it won't end up like Zack and Wiki and No more heroes :/

If your idea of a developer trying is adding in voice chat support and online multiplayer then you must have really low expectations for your Wii games, or you're just that desperate to have such basic features in a game that should include them by default. I could name you a laundry list of games on other consoles and the PC that have both features and suck donkey balls(figuratively, not literally). The Conduit should not be praised for offering such basic features that became mainstays years ago just because other developers haven't bothered wrestling with Nintendo's assbackwards online setup. Talk about graphics, talk about customized controls, but don't tell me to buy a $50 game just because it has online and voice chat. Even DS games have that.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I buy this game if it gets over 7.5 review average and the chances of that right now is almost 100 percent. Most gaming reviewers that have seen have love it, it has already won some awards (E3 awards), and hype surronding this thing is almost at a halo level on the internet.Only way game gets a low score of any kind if it has major controls issues,horrible graphics(sarcasm),Fatal game errors, almost complete reduancy, or not even fun to play in any way.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

DMeisterJ said:
No.

We should make an informed decision on the purchase.

Dude, really? After all the pro-LBP stuff you've been backing or stating yourself, this is just hypocritical. You guys are all like "LBP first day purchase for me!" but if people want to be all "Conduit, first day purchase for me!" its somehow foolish? Come on now, lets not do the pot/kettle thing.

bardicverse said:
DMeisterJ said:
No.

We should make an informed decision on the purchase.

Dude, really? After all the pro-LBP stuff you've been backing or stating yourself, this is just hypocritical. You guys are all like "LBP first day purchase for me!" but if people want to be all "Conduit, first day purchase for me!" its somehow foolish? Come on now, lets not do the pot/kettle thing.

That's not the point. The OP stated that the Conduit should be purchased regardless of quality for the reason that it will encourage third parties to offer like minded games on the console and because High Voltage talks to Wii veteran gamers' sympathies in their interviews. Those, in my mind, are not reasons to purchase a game.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

That seems like a poor reason to buy a game. I already made my decision on my purchase of the game, the only thing that could change my decision is if the game becomes extrememly bad. I'm buying the game because I want to play it, not because I want third parties which will most likely already come to develop for my favorite home console this generation.