By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - We should all buy The Conduit when is realease.........

ctk495 said:
This guys deserve respect look at this comment they made on an interview regarding The conduit "I think that Wii owners deserve to have games with better graphics. They deserve to have games that are made for them, not just for casual gamers."Like come on this guys understand us wii owners situation.

@Kingofwale
It was because they were given a amount of time by the publisher to make those games they can't really make an spledid game in only six months so this time with the conduit they will look for the publisher afterwards so they don't get involve with the development process.

I could not care less what they say in interviews. The fact that they are making a FPS shows they do not know or care what game I would like to play. I will re-evaluate my opinions of the studio when they release the game. Currently all they have is a list of bad games and a list of excuses for why they sucked.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
ctk495 said:
This guys deserve respect look at this comment they made on an interview regarding The conduit "I think that Wii owners deserve to have games with better graphics. They deserve to have games that are made for them, not just for casual gamers."Like come on this guys understand us wii owners situation.

@Kingofwale
It was because they were given a amount of time by the publisher to make those games they can't really make an spledid game in only six months so this time with the conduit they will look for the publisher afterwards so they don't get involve with the development process.

I could not care less what they say in interviews. The fact that they are making a FPS shows they do not know or care what game I would like to play. I will re-evaluate my opinions of the studio when they release the game. Currently all there they have is a list of bad games and a list of excuses for why they sucked.

Well it's not their fault since they were given a limit amount of time,that is a good excuse.

ctk495 said:
Gnizmo said:
ctk495 said:

@Kingofwale

I could not care less what they say in interviews. The fact that they are making a FPS shows they do not know or care what game I would like to play. I will re-evaluate my opinions of the studio when they release the game. Currently all there they have is a list of bad games and a list of excuses for why they sucked.

Well it's not their fault since they were given a limit amount of time,that is a good excuse.

Let me try to make my point a bit more clear. If you gave me a limited time and budget I would probably make a terrible game. If you gave me limitless time and a limitless budget I would still probably make a bad game. It takes a lot of skill to make a good game. Regardless of the reasons for their bad games they have yet to produce a good game. Until then there is absolutely no reason to hype them as a game developer.

Regardless it's lined up to be the best looking shooter on the Wii, it also has the most functionality out of all the shooters so far and announced on the Wii, there's only a few more things they could add to make it the total fps online/offline experience.

1. Would be a non-cliche story
2. Would be clans/tags and rooms to coordinate games
3. CGI for offline
4. Something with the addictive qualities without the grind of the perks system.

Theres a few more but for the most part those 4 things would line it up for perfection, but aside from those fresh ideas.

5. Dead on gameplay

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

ctk495 said:
Voltaire said:
First day purchase for my, no doubt about that.

This is the kind of attitude everyone on this thread should have :)

So then on the flipside should we also not purchase any games that interest the non-gamers regardless of their good quality since that too would send a message to publishers? I just don't get the mentality of buying a game simply for the reason of sending a message.

High Voltage talks...a lot. I have no idea whether the game is good or bad at this point, but I know marketing and that kind of talk they do is pure marketing, which is getting eaten up by a good majority of people in this topic. They've done such a good job speaking sympathetically to Wii's veteran gamers that some of you are willing to buy this game regardless of it's quality. That right there is brilliant marketing on their part and have attracted many people into this trance.

The bottom line is, the dam already has cracked. These games are beginning to squeeze through and the crack will only get larger, regardless of whether the Conduit is a good or shitty game. You don't need to buy it simply to prove a point. Buy it because you want a sci-fi first person shooter, or just save your money for the next veteran game that appeals to you. The Conduit is not the Wii's savior. That title obviously belongs to MadWorld.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
ctk495 said:
Gnizmo said:
ctk495 said:

@Kingofwale

Let me try to make my point a bit more clear. If you gave me a limited time and budget I would probably make a terrible game. If you gave me limitless time and a limitless budget I would still probably make a bad game. It takes a lot of skill to make a good game. Regardless of the reasons for their bad games they have yet to produce a good game. Until then there is absolutely no reason to hype them as a game developer.

Well if they were making a crappy game then why would ign and other gaming sites hype then so much?Why not ignore there game since it comes from this mediocre developer who doesn't seem to make any good games?Maybe the reason could be since they saw potential in the conduit. In addition time matters if you were given a piece of work to complete it in a limit amount of time it would not be that good since you can't fully add everything you want to it.

No local multiplayer is a huge minus for me. The game would have to review really well to get over that. Do we know it will be rated M? I think T might be the sweet spot and nothing in the videos I have seen seems otherwise.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

No.

We should make an informed decision on the purchase.

ctk495 said:

Well if they were making a crappy game then why would ign and other gaming sites hype then so much?Why not ignore there game since it comes from this mediocre developer who doesn't seem to make any good games?Maybe the reason could be since they saw potential in the conduit. In addition time matters if you were given a piece of work to complete it in a limit amount of time it would not be that good since you can't fully add everything you want to it.

Lair was being extremely hyped until just before the game was to be released. Haze was hyped until right before the games release. Mario Kart Wii was getting slammed by reviewers until right before its release. They are playing early builds and are forced to be more accepting of bugs and problems in the game. Those bugs and issues may or may not be fixxed before the game is released. All the hype from IGN proves is that they enjoy the game and think it is possible for it to come out well. That is in no way shape or form a guarantee, or even strong evidence that the game will be good.

Onyxmeth said:
ctk495 said:
Voltaire said:
First day purchase for my, no doubt about that.

This is the kind of attitude everyone on this thread should have :)

So then on the flipside should we also not purchase any games that interest the non-gamers regardless of their good quality since that too would send a message to publishers? I just don't get the mentality of buying a game simply for the reason of sending a message.

High Voltage talks...a lot. I have no idea whether the game is good or bad at this point, but I know marketing and that kind of talk they do is pure marketing, which is getting eaten up by a good majority of people in this topic. They've done such a good job speaking sympathetically to Wii's veteran gamers that some of you are willing to buy this game regardless of it's quality. That right there is brilliant marketing on their part and have attracted many people into this trance.

The bottom line is, the dam already has cracked. These games are beginning to squeeze through and the crack will only get larger, regardless of whether the Conduit is a good or shitty game. You don't need to buy it simply to prove a point. Buy it because you want a sci-fi first person shooter, or just save your money for the next veteran game that appeals to you. The Conduit is not the Wii's savior. That title obviously belongs to MadWorld.

I am not really saying that The Conduit is the wii savior it obviously logically won't sell a millon copies.This thread is basicly for the wii owners to give The Conduit a try since the developer is putting effort on making the game by adding features like wiispeak and online,mainly since most third party games don't offer this.So it won't end up like Zack and Wiki and No more heroes :/