By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - We should all buy The Conduit when is realease.........

Onyxmeth said:
ctk495 said:
Onyxmeth said:
ctk495 said:
Voltaire said:
First day purchase for my, no doubt about that.

This is the kind of attitude everyone on this thread should have :)

So then on the flipside should we also not purchase any games that interest the non-gamers regardless of their good quality since that too would send a message to publishers? I just don't get the mentality of buying a game simply for the reason of sending a message.

High Voltage talks...a lot. I have no idea whether the game is good or bad at this point, but I know marketing and that kind of talk they do is pure marketing, which is getting eaten up by a good majority of people in this topic. They've done such a good job speaking sympathetically to Wii's veteran gamers that some of you are willing to buy this game regardless of it's quality. That right there is brilliant marketing on their part and have attracted many people into this trance.

The bottom line is, the dam already has cracked. These games are beginning to squeeze through and the crack will only get larger, regardless of whether the Conduit is a good or shitty game. You don't need to buy it simply to prove a point. Buy it because you want a sci-fi first person shooter, or just save your money for the next veteran game that appeals to you. The Conduit is not the Wii's savior. That title obviously belongs to MadWorld.

I am not really saying that The Conduit is the wii savior it obviously logically won't sell a millon copies.This thread is basicly for the wii owners to give The Conduit a try since the developer is putting effort on making the game by adding features like wiispeak and online,mainly since most third party games don't offer this.So it won't end up like Zack and Wiki and No more heroes :/

If your idea of a developer trying is adding in voice chat support and online multiplayer then you must have really low expectations for your Wii games, or you're just that desperate to have such basic features in a game that should include them by default. I could name you a laundry list of games on other consoles and the PC that have both features and suck donkey balls(figuratively, not literally). The Conduit should not be praised for offering such basic features that became mainstays years ago just because other developers haven't bothered wrestling with Nintendo's assbackwards online setup. Talk about graphics, talk about customized controls, but don't tell me to buy a $50 game just because it has online and voice chat. Even DS games have that.

I know that those are basic features but compare to the wii there are good tell me about a wii game that has a decent online that is not first party(ssbb online sucks though)?The only one that comes to my mind is Medal of Honor:Heroes 2.

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
ctk495 said:

But there is more chance of it turning out to be good since it offers good visuals and features like online and wiispeak unlike other games.In addition high voltage understands the wii owners and it's trying to make a game for us.It's not that it will suck ,did no more heroes suck?did zack and wiki suck?.Both of this games were being hyped by ign and other video games sites and they turn out to be good and your example apart from mario kart(which turned out to be good) are from ps3 games they have nothing to do with the wii so far all the great efforts to do something unique have paid off by good reviews.

It does look pretty. Lair looks absolutely gorgeous. The system the game was released on makes no difference They hyped the games because they thought it would be good and look what happened. The only reason I can't pull up more examples for the Wii is because there has been less hype in general for Wii games. This is also one of the reasons they are pushing it so hard I imagine. Even if it is a generic shooter, it is one of maybe 5 decent generic shooters on the console. That does not make the game good, but makes it seem more appealing to some.

That doesn't mean it won't be good and there are not many shooter games that are decent on the wii in fact when I think about it apart from Medal of honor:Heroes 2 there are none.People should give a chance to this game instead of being pessimist on how it could suck went most of the odds are against it happening.

Edit:Is COD5 on the wii having online?

They put all afford into this game and i admired them.So yes ,I will buy it :)

ctk495 said:

That doesn't mean it won't be good and there are not many shooter games that are decent on the wii in fact when I think about it apart from Medal of honor:Heroes 2 there are none.People should give a chance to this game instead of being pessimist on how it could suck went most of the odds are against it happening.

Edit:Is COD5 on the wii having online?

I am not being pessimistic. I am being realistic. The game is a long way off from release, and the developer does not have a great track record. To assume this game will be great is overly optimistic at best, but more likely just rampant fanboyism. Giving the game a chance would be saying it could be good, and speaking up the positive points. Fanboyism would be saying the game will be super awesome and everyone should buy it because the developer is clearly the best! There is more evidence for this game being a generic FPS rather than a AAA title.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

ctk495 said:
Onyxmeth said:

If your idea of a developer trying is adding in voice chat support and online multiplayer then you must have really low expectations for your Wii games, or you're just that desperate to have such basic features in a game that should include them by default. I could name you a laundry list of games on other consoles and the PC that have both features and suck donkey balls(figuratively, not literally). The Conduit should not be praised for offering such basic features that became mainstays years ago just because other developers haven't bothered wrestling with Nintendo's assbackwards online setup. Talk about graphics, talk about customized controls, but don't tell me to buy a $50 game just because it has online and voice chat. Even DS games have that.

I know that those are basic features but compare to the wii there are good tell me about a wii game that has a decent online that is not first party(ssbb online sucks though)?The only one that comes to my mind is Medal of Honor:Heroes 2.

That doesn't make the game better than what it really is. The Conduit is a big fish in a small pond, nothing more. It happens to benefit from coming out after Wii Speak releases, but shouldn't be given credit for utilising it. If Nintendo had made the good decision to have Wii Speak available at launch, I'm sure many games would have implemented it by now. High Voltage is taking advantage of the bad decisions Nintendo has made and playing up the emotions of disheartened Wii owners like yourself.

As an example, here's the difference between The Conduit and the other most anticipated 3rd party release of 2009, MadWorld. High Voltage talks up how Wii owners aren't getting a fair shake, talks about why their games have sucked in the past, talks about graphics, and talks and talks to sell their game. Platinum Games doesn't talk nearly as much, they just show us MadWorld and it speaks for itself. It's the difference between a developer having to hype their game and the game hyping itself.

MadWorld is unique and stylish, and would be welcome on any console or PC's gaming library with open arms. Why? Because it looks amazing. The Conduit would get pushed under the rug if it were on any other console or the PC. Why? Because what it offers isn't unique or spectacular at all. Everything it offers takes advantage of the Wii's weaknesses. Poor graphics. Poor online. No voice chat. No third party support. The things it doesn't take advantage of are the things that would make it stand out from other first person shooters. Unique setup. Fresh gameplay. Great story. Robust online. Like I said in the beginning, The Conduit is simply the big fish in a small pond, and as soon as more of those fish enter the waters, The Conduit will quickly begin to show it's age.

Bottom line is, if you're going to tell people to buy a game to prove a point, then at least tell them to buy MadWorld. That is the team that is really trying here for something special and irreplaceable in a gamer's library.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I was reading, and a lot of people are waiting for the reviews, so my question is...

How much does the game have to score in the review, of your favorite site, for you to buy it?

For me an average of anything above 7.5 make it a sure purchase.

flagstaad said:
I was reading, and a lot of people are waiting for the reviews, so my question is...

How much does the game have to score in the review, of your favorite site, for you to buy it?

For me an average of anything above 7.5 make it a sure purchase.

I didn't even buy Call of Duty 4 yet, and that's considered the best first person shooter of this generation. Let's just say it'll have to not only be well reviewed, but needs to show more to seperate it from the pack.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I'm positive this game won't turn into another Zack and Wiki or No More Heroes, as being an FPS has appeal by itself, then it is an M rated game and M rated games have sold a good bit on Wii, then put how pretty it looks, the game will most likely sell like hotcakes. But maybe a game as noticed as the Conduit getting it's sales like it deserves will finally slap a few devs in the face and make them not be so lazy when making Wii games, and maybe a few stereotypes but I doubt that as the stereotype is spawned from fanboys views.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

ctk495 said:

I find out that the game features not only 16 players online but also wiispeak.

I'll buy it if it is good, but I won't buy it just for a couple features that console games have been doing for ages.

4 all ppl who said we might not buy it dont cry when company like ubisoft announce games like monkey or petz