By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - We should all buy The Conduit when is realease.........

what a Fanboy threat

Around the Network
leader_e said:
4 all ppl who said we might not buy it dont cry when company like ubisoft announce games like monkey or petz

I promise I won't.  I figure the Japanese companies are hard at work with a jrpg to show off at TGS so I can fill out my Wii library.

the conduit is a first day purchase for me!

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Onyxmeth said:
ctk495 said:
Onyxmeth said:

That doesn't make the game better than what it really is. The Conduit is a big fish in a small pond, nothing more. It happens to benefit from coming out after Wii Speak releases, but shouldn't be given credit for utilising it. If Nintendo had made the good decision to have Wii Speak available at launch, I'm sure many games would have implemented it by now. High Voltage is taking advantage of the bad decisions Nintendo has made and playing up the emotions of disheartened Wii owners like yourself.

As an example, here's the difference between The Conduit and the other most anticipated 3rd party release of 2009, MadWorld. High Voltage talks up how Wii owners aren't getting a fair shake, talks about why their games have sucked in the past, talks about graphics, and talks and talks to sell their game. Platinum Games doesn't talk nearly as much, they just show us MadWorld and it speaks for itself. It's the difference between a developer having to hype their game and the game hyping itself.

MadWorld is unique and stylish, and would be welcome on any console or PC's gaming library with open arms. Why? Because it looks amazing. The Conduit would get pushed under the rug if it were on any other console or the PC. Why? Because what it offers isn't unique or spectacular at all. Everything it offers takes advantage of the Wii's weaknesses. Poor graphics. Poor online. No voice chat. No third party support. The things it doesn't take advantage of are the things that would make it stand out from other first person shooters. Unique setup. Fresh gameplay. Great story. Robust online. Like I said in the beginning, The Conduit is simply the big fish in a small pond, and as soon as more of those fish enter the waters, The Conduit will quickly begin to show it's age.

Bottom line is, if you're going to tell people to buy a game to prove a point, then at least tell them to buy MadWorld. That is the team that is really trying here for something special and irreplaceable in a gamer's library.

1) Nobody says the game is better than it is. We are just saying it is much more than what we are offered. Unlike thee other consoles, third party developers are NOT lining up to create games for Wii. Why is that? Main reason given is they do not believe the games will sell. That alone makes me want to buy this game. Rebellion. And you cannot say anything about how well a feature would be used if it came out on release day. Online has been there since the beginning but look at the multiplatform games that DO NOT use it only with Wii. There is no showing success for WiiSpeak and the fact that this game is giving those, "core" games all they want, why would they not be hyped to buy it? GTA IV was not exactly special, but hey, hype gets you places. Nobody should complain about hype or wanting to buy a game blindly because we have all done those things. Even you!

2) I cannot believe you are taking something away from the game for having good marketing. Zack and Wiki could have used this kind of marketing. Sure I bought it, and a few others as well, but hey, it did not get hyped at all and that is because NOBODY really spoke about it. THAT IS A TRAVESTY! To say, hey, one game will get hype without the marketing while thee other has a benefit of marketing, is stupid, lazy, and crazy. Both games are getting hype because they are both shaping up to be awesome games. Although, MadWorld recently lost points with me, I can see why people are excited by the game.

3) To compare MadWorld, a unique game to a FPS is a little loose and takes from your integrity. In your case, I could say, Call of Duty 4 would not be as welcome as MadWorld would be on any console. That does not make Call of Duty 4 a bad game does it? Well, not at all; rather, it makes it a great game in a crowded medium. How can a FPS be unique in this day? MadWorld has yet to show off the story that makes it, "unique." What it has shown is a game that looks like it is influenced by a certain Rockstar game and Sin City. Not that this is a bad thing. That is all that can be said about that.

4) Your last paragraph is foolish. Why not try to convince people to buy BOTH games? Because then you would have nothing to argue about? Lose, fail, ect.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

I'll buy The Conduit if it turns out to be a good game. If not, I'll just play Bioshock again.

Around the Network

I'd rather see people hype fragile than the conduit tbh.

im definitely buying it along with wiispeak. its gonna be awesome.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

irstupid said:

Xen said:
I would care if the Wii games outselling the PS360 ones would be on the same level with them.

Yea its total bullshit.  The PS360 games are so high on the shelfs at the store that the customers can't reach them and have to just buy Wii games.  Its not fair at all

The kiddy Wii games have to match the lower eye levels of the potential customers. Plus you can't let these toddlers reach a copy of GTA4 by mistake; they might go on a permanent temper tantrum. 

That being said, the Conduit will likely be a first day purchase for me.  Hope this is a good game, and hope it outsells Halo3.

Nah. There's about a zillion better shooters coming out in the next few months.

I'll definately rent it though. It looks like a huge step up from that MOH game everyone raves about, which to be honest, was absolute shit.

I'm glad they're using WiiSpeak too. Now if they can find a way around the friend codes...

Even if it is a very very average game I would still buy it just to reward them for the effort they have put into the game. And I haven't even been that much of a FPS fan since Perfect Dark on N64 (the greatest FPS ever).

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down