By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who thinks LittleBig Planet Will Rock?

It will kick ass.

As for sales, I think it will do very well, for three reasons:

1. It will be a great game.

2. It has plenty of casual appeal, while still remaining hardcore. It's a bridge title that appeals to a very wide range of people.

3. It will be marketed heavily (the marketing has already begun).

The only thing that could potentially hold this title back is the price/install base of the ps3. However, I expect this game to have very long legs, and for it to keep selling for at least two years to come. By the time it goes Greatest Hits, the ps3 will probably be $299. I also expect it to be bundled at some point. This is the perfect title for such a thing, imo.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
It will kick ass.

As for sales, I think it will do very well, for three reasons:

1. It will be a great game.

2. It has plenty of casual appeal, while still remaining hardcore. It's a bridge title that appeals to a very wide range of people.

3. It will be marketed heavily (the marketing has already begun).

The only thing that could potentially hold this title back is the price/install base of the ps3. However, I expect this game to have very long legs, and for it to keep selling for at least two years to come. By the time it goes Greatest Hits, the ps3 will probably be $299. I also expect it to be bundled at some point. This is the perfect title for such a thing, imo.

I approve of this post

^_^

yeah this game will rock

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Almost every sony-fan out there waiting for sony to take the lead

Do bears shit in the woods :P

Around the Network

Just look around at all the avatars that relate to lbp..

LBP will be pretty damn big.

4 ≈ One

Gearbox said:
Just look around at all the avatars that relate to lbp..

lol true! The game is going to blow all of our minds!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

CAL4M1TY said:
I think it'll be good, but it really depends on the user generated content, if no one gives a crap to make awesome themed stages, then of course this game will suck no matter how good the physics engine is. But I think it'll get alot of attention from gamers, so I don't think that'll happen.

Only for the people who suck at making levels.  My LBP game will rule... even without anyone elses content!

makingmusic476 said:

Well that and it's in a genre that traditionally sells poorly. Which is a fairly big issue.

Actually it's in two genres that sell pretty poorly... outside of the occasional Nintendo 2-D platformer.

Also the casual level apeal has yet to be seen. All i've seen so far when it comes to that is hardcore people saying that it has casual appeal.