By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who thinks LittleBig Planet Will Rock?

ultraslick said:
Think for a moment of LBP 2, and what it could do to add to LBP.

Could we maybe get the first one in players' hands before talking about all the amazing possibilities for the second one?

I think forum-mind has affected most folks here into thinking that the people who frequent sites like this are the norm. We are not. On video game sites like this, LBP is a highly debated topic. To the general populace who make up 99% of the game buying world, it's not even a blip on the horizon, and even when it releases, it will be a VERY hard game to portray to potential buyers. Can you really illustrate what the hell it's about in a 30 second commercial? I've been anticipating this game since it was announced, but I'm not even entirely sure what the hell is going on with it.

If you relate it in terms of "what percentage of forum readers will buy it", then yes, it should be quite successful.

If you look in terms of "sales to the public at large" it will be significantly less impressive. It's a distinctly different game, which may be tough to introduce to the mass markets.

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Around the Network

Ok I think it will be huge.

Reasons:
Community (It forces people to share content, download and play and also rate maps made by other players) this creates community and endless fun.

Customizable maps, having something made by you is more fun than just going through the game.

Multi player (Home integration) you can play with friends online and offline which also gives this game a different and better appeal (When I saw the video where one player can slap another player character I though man thats funny, I cant wait to slap XxDansonxX - a PSN friend -)

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

What a smart move from sony, LBP is a casual game which target global market. it will be very impressive

Should do well on sales and user content. I just hope that they allow user mods to change the sackboys to something else and it would be perfect for me.

makingmusic476 said:
It will kick ass.

As for sales, I think it will do very well, for three reasons:

1. It will be a great game.

2. It has plenty of casual appeal, while still remaining hardcore. It's a bridge title that appeals to a very wide range of people.

3. It will be marketed heavily (the marketing has already begun).

The only thing that could potentially hold this title back is the price/install base of the ps3. However, I expect this game to have very long legs, and for it to keep selling for at least two years to come. By the time it goes Greatest Hits, the ps3 will probably be $299. I also expect it to be bundled at some point. This is the perfect title for such a thing, imo.

LBP is a game that appeals strongly to a group of people that aren't going to go out and buy PS3's just to own it.  The PS3 doesn't have a catalog of similar games to back it up.  I expect it to be a better selling version of an ICO game.  People will talk about how neat and great a game it is, but it won't be a blockbuster.  I think the only thing that is going to cause it to make alot less money than it was going to make is the massive increase in the marketing budget for the game.

I give that post a 9.5.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

LBP Will be huge.

i know obieslut does. he thinks it will be huge.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

well its the game i am most hyped for.

Voodoo dolls won't appeal to many casuals.

*stab stab stab* Make it good or I'll *stab stab stab*

Worry not, if the game turns out bad, the developers will feel the thousand needles pain.

CAL4M1TY said:
I think it'll be good, but it really depends on the user generated content, if no one gives a crap to make awesome themed stages, then of course this game will suck no matter how good the physics engine is. But I think it'll get alot of attention from gamers, so I don't think that'll happen.

don't worry, they are quite alot talented people in the ps3 community.

some levels will be world famous, considering there is a rank systems :)