By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PlayStation Eye game announced: Eyepet

"Yes its pretty neatl and yes it most likely lacks a big target audience."

I don't know which of you have kids and who doesn't, but I allready hear the sounds of kids telling mommy / daddy that it's the pet they want for christmas or birthday.

And it might look lame if you're used to Gears of War, SOCOM or Resistance, but take it from me: kids can spend hours and hours day in day out playing the same game.

One of my kids is 5, and I was amazed how much fun he had when he was 4 and playing 'Antz' and 'A Bugs Life' on and old PS1, the same part over and over again. Children live in another world at that age.

Trust me, there's a massive audience out there once you know how to reach it. I guess they'll put some kiosks out there where you find a lot of children. Install the screen + camera on the best height, and that little pet wil do the rest.

Children will notice it, understand it, play with it, and then they want one at home too, and it will be the best excuse for dad who allready wanted a PS3 .

Around the Network

so Quitemi love that

Certainly looks interesting.

looks good, may get it for my little sister.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Nice concept, but usually these games only works on affordable platforms...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

I'm not interested in the game at all, but I think this looks really good. Well done Sony!

hahahah this game looks SIIIICK.

Stop hating on Sony everyone, this project actually looks kinda cool.

Willem said:

"Yes its pretty neatl and yes it most likely lacks a big target audience."

I don't know which of you have kids and who doesn't, but I allready hear the sounds of kids telling mommy / daddy that it's the pet they want for christmas or birthday.

And it might look lame if you're used to Gears of War, SOCOM or Resistance, but take it from me: kids can spend hours and hours day in day out playing the same game.

One of my kids is 5, and I was amazed how much fun he had when he was 4 and playing 'Antz' and 'A Bugs Life' on and old PS1, the same part over and over again. Children live in another world at that age.

Trust me, there's a massive audience out there once you know how to reach it. I guess they'll put some kiosks out there where you find a lot of children. Install the screen + camera on the best height, and that little pet wil do the rest.

Children will notice it, understand it, play with it, and then they want one at home too, and it will be the best excuse for dad who allready wanted a PS3 .

I could be living in a fairly isolated world, but most of the people I know who own a PS3 currently are DINKs (Dual Income No Kid), DILDOs (Dual Income Little Dog Only), or young single men with no kids; there certainly will be a lot of parents who own the PS3 but I don't think it really represents a large portion of their audience.

Now, the reason I think this game will struggle is because it is an impossible sale to non-PS3 owners because the massive expense of a PS3+Playstation Eye+Game ... Part of the benefit of a game like Nintendogs is the Nintendo DS isn't that expensive as far as hardware goes, and DS games are very cheap as far as games go.

Wow, that actually looks pretty cool.

Looks good and has some potential.But I am not interest in that kind of games.

Still ,if it arrives to the stores soon enough and with the PS3 at 299 or lower it could sell lots and lots of PS3.This is the kind of game hardcore gamers despise but sells both software and hardware by the bucketload.

Its different enough to Nintendogs.

And ,for the copy/rip off fans ,I remember that before Nintendogs appeared there was another game on PS1 called "Pet on TV" ...do you remember it?