By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New PlayStation Eye game announced: Eyepet

But if you intend to support your claim that this game is as innovative is you claim, you can always prove me wrong and go buy one copy for yourselves, eh?

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network

But you feel the urge to defend the game because it's for the PS3?

I think you should take a course in irony detection. If its cheap and downloadable I might actually buy it, seems like a cool thing to show to younger relatives. I have a PSEye anyway for video chat. Otherwise its a bit below my target age.

But honestly even a Wii owner should be able to say that this seems to be a nicely designed product with one or two cool ideas. Get over yourself and try it. You can do it.

I wonder if you could make him jump over your penis if you swung it at him.

I figured logically the most attractive feature for women/girls of Nintendogs was a cute pet on the go... (here I go again)

1. White ambience and objects mean they are aiming for women
2. Father+ son + daughter mean they want to place this in the living room
3. Smiles means this game will make you smile (obvious duh)

There's a few more but that's what the commercial was intended, the thing is they are going into a known market at this point but from another angle, it's not motion sensing it's motion capturing, the differences what are they.

I'm going to assume Nintendo never released Nintendogs for the Wii, and probably for very good reason if I'm correct, Ubisoft is releasing petz Wii to get a jump on this and Sony is releasing eyepet. (To my knowledge the only expanded audience DS game brought to the Wii was Brain Age.)

1. Mobility not just women but anyone would like to have that free time used up, it's this factor plus another thing that made Nintendogs a hit, but this is how Eyepet isn't Nintendog.
2. Touch screen, the difference between touching nothing and interface may have been crossed here.
3. Nintendogs expressed itself on a platform that it was designed for, in otherwords the intention of the DS was to play Nintendogs, everything else are just work arounds and brilliance. (Similar to how Wii is built around Wii sports, Wiifit, and Wii music.)

I am not a big fan of the Eyetoy set, but that's not my fault I just haven't seen anything done with it that has, 'fun wrapped around it' I would love to see the tech used in a fun way though. *Outside of simple fun*

Eyepet could work but 1 and 2 of the second part may pose a big problem for future endeavours.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Soriku said:
Can we all agree that this seems cool/kinda cool but this will simply not sell well simply because it doesn't have the target audience?

Yes

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

Can we all agree that this seems cool/kinda cool but this will simply not sell well simply because it doesn't have the target audience?

Yes its pretty neatl and yes it most likely lacks a big target audience.

Menago KF said:
But if you intend to support your claim that this game is as innovative is you claim, you can always prove me wrong and go buy one copy for yourselves, eh?

Recognizing a game is innovative doesn't mean I have to all of a sudden go buy the game or I'm lying, eh? I can recognize that Maria Carey has an amazing voice and is a fantastic artist, eh, but I'm not going to go buy any of her albums, eh. Just not my cup of tea, eh.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

this game has potential for both lolz and win, i may have to get it (and an PSEye)

Kyros said:

But you do have to start somewhere if you're going to try to lure that audience.

My Top 5:

Kyros said:

Maybe LittleBigPlanet will help and pave some of the road for cute lighthearted titles like this. The PS3 is already a living room multi-purpose multi-media device for watching movies and such, this for the whole family. According to a study 87% of PS3 owners watch Blu-Ray movies, so HDTV penetration and the amount of mature people amongst console owners seems very high. I guess the average mature male does have a girlfriend/wife and maybe some kids around and I'd imagine this could help. I know my girl loves stuff like this, we had tons of fun with a cute fun game like Super Ruba Dub as well.

I imagined this to be a PSN release (relatively cheap compared to full retail games) while watching this video, but having to pay online to download the game and having to own a Eyetoy to play this I think is somewhat of an obstacle for big sales at this point. But who knows what will happen in the meantime, there could be some factors enhancing the situation a bit, maybe Playstation Home will play a factor for example.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales