By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American sales ps3 on the rise and wii falling!

Gearbox said:

Could the drop in wii sales in america and the increase of ps3 sales be caused all by littlebigplanet and resistance?

Or are there other factors?

NO absolutely not haha.

Around the Network

My wii literary just fell ;-;

@soriku

HAHAHAHA that is hilarious!

THE WII IS DOOMEDZ!

THE PS3 WILL LAST A THOUSAND YEARS!

It is good to see that ps3 is coming up
i think LBP will help increase of ps3

Around the Network

Madden week historically has always been a bad week for Nintendo, even though things are changing a bit with Wii...but there is a fair amount of evidence historically showing that Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS3 get boosts in August from Madden. I would also argue that even though the game was released on Wii its not really a "hardware mover" as it is on other platforms. Usually when rival platforms get a big mover, Nintendo counters (or tries to) - GTA was countered by Mario Kart - MGS4 was countered by Rockband.

Sure enough, Mario Sluggers is out next week as the counter-attempt and that should accompany either a boost in Wii supply, or a boost in Wii demand, and potentially both. Walmart for one is advertising Wii consoles next week, and thats a fairly rare occurence, so I'm inclined to believe there will be a pretty big shipment.

As we move from August to October, sales should improve for Wii as the software situation ramps up again. I think its fair to say mid July to mid August was the worst month for Wii game releases in the USA, so its not really surprising there has been a bit of slowdown. Wario is September, as is Star Wars The Force Unleashed, Sim City Creator, Samba De Amigo and De Blob. Thats a much more diverse lineup than in recent months. October has a new Cooking Mama (million seller on DS), and alot of sports, movie and party games for Wii, so that should be a strong expanded audience month. November is double to triple  October if supply is available usually.  December is usually two times November and 4 to 5 times October.

I wouldn't be surprised if August is the lowest Wii month since January this year and lowest until sometime in early 2009 (likely January again with severe shortages if supply is too low).

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

What? Slow hardware sales in a slow month of the year? That's unpossible! We'd better watch out for the PS3 and its dramatic increase of 5k sales! That's almost NINE percent higher! It's unstopable now!

[/sarcasm] Just read TheSource's post, people...

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

TheSource said:

Madden week historically has always been a bad week for Nintendo, even though things are changing a bit with Wii...but there is a fair amount of evidence historically showing that Genesis, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS3 get boosts in August from Madden. I would also argue that even though the game was released on Wii its not really a "hardware mover" as it is on other platforms. Usually when rival platforms get a big mover, Nintendo counters (or tries to) - GTA was countered by Mario Kart - MGS4 was countered by Rockband.

Sure enough, Mario Sluggers is out next week as the counter-attempt and that should accompany either a boost in Wii supply, or a boost in Wii demand, and potentially both. Walmart for one is advertising Wii consoles next week, and thats a fairly rare occurence, so I'm inclined to believe there will be a pretty big shipment.

As we move from August to October, sales should improve for Wii as the software situation ramps up again. I think its fair to say mid July to mid August was the worst month for Wii game releases in the USA, so its not really surprising there has been a bit of slowdown. Wario is September, as is Star Wars The Force Unleashed, Sim City Creator, Samba De Amigo and De Blob. Thats a much more diverse lineup than in recent months. October has a new Cooking Mama (million seller on DS), and alot of sports, movie and party games for Wii, so that should be a strong expanded audience month. November is double to triple  October if supply is available usually.  December is usually two times November and 4 to 5 times October.

I wouldn't be surprised if August is the lowest Wii month since January this year and lowest until sometime in early 2009 (likely January again with severe shortages if supply is too low).

I agree. It's why no one should expect the Wii version to sell that well at the start.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

RolStoppable said:
Demand of the Wii is certainly decreasing. From my own experience that is definitely true, I have played the damn thing only an hour this week. Sure, I got two new DS games yesterday, but using that as an excuse would be nothing more than a fanboyish attempt at damage control.

thats have to be sarcams, its comming from rol

Gearbox, all your threads smell like ass. I swear. It's almost embarassing....like you're wanting some MAJOR attention on the site. Or you could be 1 of the other millions of Ps fanboys who just have no life. Anyways, this thread sucks ass and therefore, you are trying to dis Wii and claim PS3 DOMINATION AND ALL. Same old stuff.