By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American Sales up!

Ps3 wins after four weeks of 360 orvertracking- cough cough i mean momentum.

i wanna see the Madden numbers and the JP PS360 numbers.

Around the Network

can't wait until next month (price cut) so xbox360 can put the ps3 into hibernation for the holidays

drudaddy said:

can't wait until next month (price cut) so xbox360 can put the ps3 into hibernation for the holidays

Just like it did in July.

Oh wait.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

The great thing about VGChartz is that we can see sales go up and down on a weekly basis.

The worst thing about VGChartz is exactly the same thing, the fact that we see sales go up and down on a weekly basis. Everyone looks at isolated weeks and thinks that there is some kind of dramatic change taking place, when it's nothing more than ordinary sales fluctuations. Some weeks have more supply than others. Some weeks see store promotions. Sometimes sales go up and down for no reason whatsoever, simply because more people happened to buy a product that week.

There's no conspiracy behind slow sales of any console right now. It's the summer. There are few new games out right now. When the fall rolls around sales will pick up again. Go ahead and create elaborate theories all you want, but I don't think there's anything more than natural seasonal variations going on.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

I am waiting for the estimate numbers of the NPD about the sales drop for the Wii. But the logical explanation will be that they start saving consoles for the holidays.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Torillian said:
konnichiwa said:
DMeisterJ said:
Squilliam said:
DMeisterJ said:
So Squilliam...

I like your sig now!

Well, now that those four weeks are over and done with, let's move back to the era of PS3 winning Weekly every week.

I feel so let down.

Are you going to cry?

Lol watch out for next week though I guess the sales will go down considering gamers are waiting now for a 80 GB PS3. Possible that X360 will sell more than PS3.

As far as I've read, the 80g is already available in many areas in the US.  I'm not sure there will be a big downturn next week.

Jeuh I read that aswell but Europe is not so far..The sales dropped this week in Euope and I expet the same next week.

Ahh....I thought this was mainly due to NA, suppose I forgot about the others sales dropping.  How long until Europe gets the new console?

Gobias said:
drudaddy said:

Oh wait.

lol ohhhh burn!

Gobias said:
drudaddy said:

Oh wait.

It was toward the end of july so... plus it was only beaten by 20k, wait until you see the august npd I guarantee the ps3 won't be winning

Squilliam said:

I feel so let down.

Your a good sport Squilliam. I'm sure your prediction will shine though come next week when Arcade hits $199.  If not than, PS3 is a waking monster.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Leo J should come in here and gloat about how he was wrong....and i see a lack of 360 fans in here....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot