By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who would you want to work for?

So with Nintendo moving their offices to San Fran, they are going to be looking for people.  It got me thinking, if you could work for Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo, who would you work for?

Personally, I think I'd head over the the big MS.  I'm not bashing Nintendo, but I'm not sure how long the fascination with Wii will last, although the do have a killer app with DS.  Sony just seems too screwed up for words...

Around the Network

I'd choose Microsoft. But thats mainly because I am very interested in subjects related to operating system operation (especially disk/memory/CPU management) rather than the things that relate to game programming (although I am learning OpenGL now, so maybe that will change).

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Google!

I dunno, either sony or nintendo, I hate microsoft in everyway possible.

mM

Nintendo because it's easier to develop rehashed franchises.

Around the Network

Nintendo. There seem to be more creative opportunities working with the Wiimote and the Touch Screen than with a normal control scheme.

Sony doesn't seem too bad. I doubt many other publishers would let someone like Fumito Ueda make games as creative (and thus risky) as ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. Of course, I'm not completely sure how secure my job would be working with Sony.

Microsoft would be my last pick. It's Microsoft for Christ's sake!

Vivid Video ;)

oh, wait... It would have to be Sony for me. Getting a chance to play around with the Cell would be very exciting, I enjoy a challenge, unlike some devs :P

Shit, Cursayer2, you really make it hard for Sony fans(please never compare me to some of these people, I will get VERY pissed)

I would work for Willy Wonka.

As for the games companies I would chose M$ without a doubt. I would use the same strategy they use for their OS. I would work there like a spyware, screwing up all their divisions. I would buy I-pods for all my co-workes, invite them to play Wii sports on lunch hour, give away movies as gifts on Blu Ray format, install Firefox on my division PCS and make Google.com my main page. I would use their E3 strategy on themselves. In the end my co workers would be so dependent of non-M$ stuff they wold not live without it.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I'd have to work for nintendo as I know someone who works for them and he has nothing but good things to say about how they treat the people that work there, the pay and benefits.

1) Nintendo

2) Microsoft

3) Sony 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">