By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who would you want to work for?

vizunary said:
Vivid Video ;)

oh, wait... It would have to be Sony for me. Getting a chance to play around with the Cell would be very exciting, I enjoy a challenge, unlike some devs :P

Shit, Cursayer2, you really make it hard for Sony fans(please never compare me to some of these people, I will get VERY pissed)

What do you mean by that?

Around the Network

Sony, cos they sell a lot of other stuff, and employee discount would be pretty awesome. Unlike Nintendo an MS, where employee discount wouldn't get you much.

I guess I just like cheap stuff

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Wow you guys don't know much about how Microsoft treats their employees do you? Your job stability at Microsoft is zero. I have 3 family members who have worked at Microsoft and all of them have been fired and rehired at Microsoft's convenience. My uncle had been working there for 12 years, praised for his job performance time and time again (often earning employee of the month at his location) and as soon as profits dropped a bit they massacred the branch, firing like 30 of the 100 employees, him included. My other 2 family members have been bounced around multiple Microsoft jobs for years. Man that is the LAST place I want to work.

My first choice is Nintendo. They have a reputation for valuing their employees and treating them with respect (though for the record the Japanese are weird people to deal with in a business environment), they offer good benefits and lots of job stability.

Sony would be my second choice. Working for them is like working for any major corporation, but with better job stability. If you work for Sony you shouldn't have to deal with the lack of job stability you get from Microsoft, but you also probably won't have the benefits and respect from working for Nintendo.

Edit; I should say that in general I prefer working for small companies. They tend to treat employees much better and have better job stability. Nintendo's profits might not be small, but they only hire 3000 employees worldwide, and they treet them like small businesses do.  Oh also I'm not bashing the 360 or anything.  The way they hire has nothing to do with my eventual purchase of one.  I'm just telling you my experience with Microsoft employees.

I would want to work either for Capcom, Nintendo or Valve becouse those are my favorite developers. I'm following a study about gamedevelopment (first year student) and it really would be a dream to work for one of those. (although i like the chick from Ubisoft.)

United Nations (able university graduate from a top University... wink wink)
Apple
Google
or George Clooney in one of his heist plans in Ocean 11, 12, 13

Around the Network

Nintendo

i would want to work for BILL GATES!!! HES RICH B*TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tetsuya said:
i would want to work for BILL GATES!!! HES RICH B*TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry about the language im just pumped up today!!!!

Microsoft, because they top a multitude of "best companies to work for" lists on a yearly basis.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

SleepWaking said:
I would want to work either for Capcom, Nintendo or Valve becouse those are my favorite developers. I'm following a study about gamedevelopment (first year student) and it really would be a dream to work for one of those. (although i like the chick from Ubisoft.)

You don't want to Valve, they're stable but they still suck. I know for a fact that they have a better working version of Hammer but that still doesn't change the fact it would be depressing to think "God, I'm going to be working in this for the rest of life". I swear, Hammer is the absolute God-awful worst editor I've ever worked in.