By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who would you want to work for?

Sony is the only one I know that has had scouts actively exploring the internet culture for consumer datas. Maybe the others do it to but I have no clue.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

Around the Network
Tispower said:
I don't get why so many people want to work for Microsoft... :/

Maybe because they pay well, actively seek out the best talent available, and treat their employees extremely well?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

lemme think..probably NPD so i can be a spy in the company and make a complete chaos *evil laughter*

Don't mess with vg chartz!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

rocketpig said:
Tispower said:

Maybe because they pay well, actively seek out the best talent available, and treat their employees extremely well?

You might want use that in the past tense, while they still treat their employee quite well, it's not quite as high as it used to be.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

rocketpig said:
Tispower said:

meh. I'm sure many other companies are just as good

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network
Cursayer2 said:
vizunary said:
Vivid Video ;)

oh, wait... It would have to be Sony for me. Getting a chance to play around with the Cell would be very exciting, I enjoy a challenge, unlike some devs :P

Shit, Cursayer2, you really make it hard for Sony fans(please never compare me to some of these people, I will get VERY pissed)

What do you mean by that?

Cursayer2: "Nintendo because it's easier to develop rehashed franchises."

This isn't necessary, I despised the Wii when it first came out, thought it was a COMPLETE backwards step in video gaming, but after playing it I've seen the light.... that's too far I don't think it's THAT cool, just an innovative step.... I would like to work for Nintendo after the WiiHD comes out, I hate SD now, just can't stand it. Nah, I'll have to stick to Sony, i need that employee discount

Lemme tell everyone here, you REALLY do not want to work for MS, unless they've made some SERIOUS changes in business ethics.... or if your ethics are non existance as well. I worked for them for 2+ yrs, you wouldn't even believe the stuff I saw..... I think I'm violating my NDA as I type..... screw em ;)    (they did pay well $23/hr in '98 wasn't shabby, should've invested....sigh.... young and stupid, eh?)

This website has really gotten me into thinking about a career involving gaming. I am seriously considering emailing michael pachter a letter of intent and resume once my MBA is near completion so that I could work as a grunt analyst for him.

Definitely Nintendo would be the first choice, simply because of the direction the company has taken in the past year.

Then, maybe a 1st party development studio for either Microsoft or Sony (Bungie/Insomniac).

Incognito Studios

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

vizunary said:
Cursayer2 said:
vizunary said:
Vivid Video ;)

oh, wait... It would have to be Sony for me. Getting a chance to play around with the Cell would be very exciting, I enjoy a challenge, unlike some devs :P

Shit, Cursayer2, you really make it hard for Sony fans(please never compare me to some of these people, I will get VERY pissed)

What do you mean by that?

Cursayer2: "Nintendo because it's easier to develop rehashed franchises."

This isn't necessary, I despised the Wii when it first came out, thought it was a COMPLETE backwards step in video gaming, but after playing it I've seen the light.... that's too far I don't think it's THAT cool, just an innovative step.... I would like to work for Nintendo after the WiiHD comes out, I hate SD now, just can't stand it. Nah, I'll have to stick to Sony, i need that employee discount

Lemme tell everyone here, you REALLY do not want to work for MS, unless they've made some SERIOUS changes in business ethics.... or if your ethics are non existance as well. I worked for them for 2+ yrs, you wouldn't even believe the stuff I saw..... I think I'm violating my NDA as I type..... screw em ;)    (they did pay well $23/hr in '98 wasn't shabby, should've invested....sigh.... young and stupid, eh?)

Yeah I'm surprise to see people wanting to work for MS too. Sounds like a cut throat rat race there.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m