By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who would you want to work for?

After seeing the thread about Jade Raymond at Ubisoft, and subsequently falling in love with her... I'd have to say Ubisoft :).

If I had to go anywhere for any reason besides love (though what better reason to work for a company...) then I would probably choose Nintendo as I think I would learn the most there the fastest.

Around the Network
vizunary said:

i need that employee discount

My dad only works with video editing programming (or something like that, it's seriously boring imo, so I don't really listen ) but he gets standard 25% off I think, so most of our stuff is Sony stuff because when comparing other products, you gotta take 25% of the Sony product. Plus the option of graded products (where customer returns item, Sony refund them, but can't sell the item as new etc.) means some great deals. My dad's 20gb Walkman cost £70 about a year ago.

Also, PS2/3 games for £10-15, PS3 for ~£360, sometimes he also gets like £300 of VAIOs, and TVs are cheap, although hes waiting for the next gen of bravias to come out before he takes the HD plunge unfortunately.

Seriously, I wouldn't mind working for Sony just for that but as we seem to be mentioning other companies, I would say either Peugeot-Citroen, or VW-Audi, as I want to do Automotive Engineering, and would also quite like to work on the continent, btw, "The Continent" just means mainland Europe, cos I guss that's probably a British term; (don't like the nanny state UK, and stupid house prices), especially as the EU has made working in other member states really easy. Also, 10% of Uk citizens already live abroad, so it's not like im the only one. 

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Quick People Inc.

Sony/Insomniac, since they made it into the top 10 in that recent best companies to work for list.

Nintendo would be my first pick, Sony my second, and Microsoft last. I worked for Microsoft as a campus rep and they have no clue what they were doing, their main strategy was to throw money at the situation, which doesn't always lead to the best results. Plus, with some of the regional people I worked with, you could tell they just got hired because of their connections, not because of their technological experience.