By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone remeber when everyone said WII was a fad

hardcore gamers are in the minority now, you aint "gamers" anymore, yuo're "punks" now, gaming is mainstream and fun again, get used to it, it's sad i know but i accepted it and i'm all the better for it.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Around the Network
trestres said:
Im disgusted by some idiotic posts in this thread. Believing the Wii is a fad when reality proves the contrary leads me to believe that people are mentally unstable and do not posses proper spatial-time orientation.

I'm very sad about a bunch of immature "adults" that need to dismiss the Wii because is clearly annihilating the competition. Wii may or may not have great games FOR YOU but it does for the rest of the people and that's why they are buying it. Stop with this crap already learn to accept the truth or go see a psychologist.

If that's all it takes for the internet to make you sad and disgusted, I humbly urge you to uninstall your web browser.  ^_^

Really though, everyone is entitled to their opinions regardless of how silly they seem to you or me. If someone believes something, then that's what they believe.  Unless you decide you're going to attempt to change someone's mind on the internet (good luck with that) you may as well just get used to it.  They'll be proven right/wrong when the time comes. 

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

What is amazing is that with sooooo many "dissapointed" Wii owners there is out there in the world according to some "fanboys" on this site, Wii still sell as much as PS360 together...

Wouldn't there be a massive load of "used" Wii's out there for sale wich won't be seen as a "SOLD" Wii?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

well not everyone lol

but yeah i remember when ps3/360 owners called it a "fad"

Words Of Wisdom said:
trestres said:
Im disgusted by some idiotic posts in this thread. Believing the Wii is a fad when reality proves the contrary leads me to believe that people are mentally unstable and do not posses proper spatial-time orientation.

I'm very sad about a bunch of immature "adults" that need to dismiss the Wii because is clearly annihilating the competition. Wii may or may not have great games FOR YOU but it does for the rest of the people and that's why they are buying it. Stop with this crap already learn to accept the truth or go see a psychologist.

If that's all it takes for the internet to make you sad and disgusted, I humbly urge you to uninstall your web browser.  ^_^

Really though, everyone is entitled to their opinions regardless of how silly they seem to you or me. If someone believes something, then that's what they believe.  Unless you decide you're going to attempt to change someone's mind on the internet (good luck with that) you may as well just get used to it.  They'll be proven right/wrong when the time comes. 

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

You can't uninstall IE lol.

On the rest I must agree. You can't change people minds, but you can certainly laugh at them by quoting their today posts in a year or two when they are going to change their opinions by 180 grades.

Around the Network

The Wii is still a Fad... Just a longer Fad than others :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:
The Wii is still a Fad... Just a longer Fad than others :P

If the definition of fad is not liking the games on the console, then the PS3 and 360 are also fads. Just longer fads than others 

blink182 said:
hardcore gamers are in the minority now, you aint "gamers" anymore, yuo're "punks" now, gaming is mainstream and fun again, get used to it, it's sad i know but i accepted it and i'm all the better for it.

Hardcore gamers still get the better games.

But it is still a fad........

Xen said:

Hardcore gamers still get the better games.

According to hardcore gamers.