By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone remeber when everyone said WII was a fad

I wish women giving random guys blow jobs would turn into a fad.

Around the Network

Wii, fad???? Stupid!!

superchunk said:

Then people would complain; "that's not the way they want it."

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@dib8rman: I agree about the contribution part. As long as the character contributes to games, it's fine for me. But the mindset, of the character, presented in the examples is the opposite that you, or i for that matter, use. You think that the guy buys games and it's good. The guy thinks that someone isn't buying the right games and it's bad. That is the ignorant and stupid mindset that is the most common in the gaming forums.
Admittedly, i understand it in a way, since i went through that stage about a decade ago, or should i say the stage where it's hard to understand why someone doesn't buy the same games you do. And of course, everyone hates shovelware, although everything you see called as shovelware isn't shovelware.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

The Wii is a fad. And so were pet rocks, Cabbage Patch dolls, hoola hoops, hoppity hops, etc. Here's to those who make a bazillion dollars selling "fad" products.

The challenge for Nintendo is creating the next "fad" after the Wii.

EDIT: Here is the definition of "fad" from dictionary.com:

"a temporary fashion, notion, manner of conduct, etc., esp. one followed enthusiastically by a group."

I guess the question here is, "how long is temporary?"  My guess is that the Wii will remain a fad until Nintendo invents another groundbreaking console.

Around the Network
AnarchyWest said:
reask said:
I still think it's a fad.
Even if it sells 10 million a week there is no games on it I want to play.

Thanks god the world doesn't revolve around this guy.

superchunk said:

I second that.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

I remember when everyone thought that Pokemon were just a fad. They are not movie/tv/toy driving force they use to be but Nintendo sure knows how to extend the life of a 'fad' until it becomes something more than a passing fancy.

Same with NintenDogs, Brain Age, WiiFit... Things gamers figured would never live for a long time are selling incredible amounts week in and week out.

So if Wii is a 'fad' then in Nintendo's hands it should last 5 - 10 years, which is all it needs to do to be an extremely successful console.

@crumas

No that's not the question, the question is "how large is that group?"

So far it seems larger than the HD install base, but time will tell, when people look at the Wii and call it a fad they believe that there will be a huge drop off and as it's said here, "negative sales."

@bdbdbd

To each thier own, if thats how they enjoy gaming then that's them, if a person likes something they will try it. Responsibility for this doesn't fall on the consumer it falls on the producer, the producer is responsible to overcome these marketing sections through innovation.

Pikachu isn't a name like Mario but boy is the yellow rat famous,

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Gearbox said:
well isn't it obvious? Not many teens or adults buy the wii now, it's all for lil kids and babies. Same thing is happening to the DS. Everyone I know who has a wii actually wants to get rid of it and get a 360 or ps3! So yes it is still a fad, but more like a novelty.

You are a complete boob. No sources, no reality, just your opinion as fact. Nice.