By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony on PS3: You're "paying for potential"

^yeah i agree

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
Onimusha12 said:
Is it wrong to enjoy watching HD fanboys split hairs over which version of HD games are better on which console?

You're boring. Ever so boring. Maybe you should write a book entitled 'my mommy wont buy me a PS3 so i have to abuse it on an internet forum to make it look like i dont care'

Really? Because I'm not bored, maybe I'm self centered, but I find this to be quite interesting, kind of like watching a train wreck really. You see Sony's P.R. statements are never that terribly bad, embarassing maybe, but the true tragedy is the people responding to them either trying to mitigate damage control or turn the thread into a PS3 vs 360 pissing contest.

I wasn't even talking about the PS3 specifically, I was talking about the fight between HD gamers in this thread. Perhaps you have a victimization complex?

Oh, or are you angry at me because I was right in my observation and you feel my presence to be a lemon on an open wound. It's a pity you kids can't just learn to enjoy your toys and stop fighting with eachother.

theprof00 said:

well the people who buy it today, are the reason people are going to buy it tomorrow. so regardless of whether or not you buy it now, you will buy it. :P

@ultimate: well you do have a picture of ralph for president, so i see it goes along with your style.

OR maybe you are a very big sony fanboy.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Onimusha12 said:
Is it wrong to enjoy watching HD fanboys split hairs over which version of HD games are better on which console?

No. Unless you start in about the Wii's "superior" controls.....

OT: It's PR guys. Fact is. Multi-plat games will always be nearly equal regardless of the power of the consoles (well, the Wii is an exception, but you get the idea....) The way to compare the power of consoles in through their exclusives and if you look at those, the PS3 is definitely more powerful. Why do I say this? Well, the PS3 has been out for one year less than the 360, it's dev SW is crap compared to the 360, and it's about 60x as hard to program for (not literally, but you get the idea); YET Uncharted + GT5:P + MGS4 own anything on the 360 from a purely technical standpoint. In other words, PS3 devs have had a year less to work on more difficult hardware with inferior programming tools and the PS3's exclusives are still better than the 360s. The only way this can be possible is if the PS3's hardware is more than a negligible amount superior to the 360's.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

ultimate_123 said:
theprof00 said:

well the people who buy it today, are the reason people are going to buy it tomorrow. so regardless of whether or not you buy it now, you will buy it. :P

@ultimate: well you do have a picture of ralph for president, so i see it goes along with your style.

OR maybe i am just making fun of you for your obviously rediculous predictions of 21,27,45 (only 7m more each than what they are right now) and now you are not only too dumb to make an actual prediction, but have a ralph wigum avatar, and can't tell when you're being made fun of.

3 strikes usually means you are out.

Around the Network

I have to ask myself is there really an anti-Sony mentality on this site?

Someone suggested as much in another thread.. actually claimed...

@OP

PS3 is enough for me as is, it's basic functions replace what I would use my PC for, any typing I do is done on type-writer. But that's just me. So I figure with internet, movies, music and so much more like streaming and folding at home, it's worth about 300 big ones... of course thats now that I have it... if I didn't own one already... I'm not sure.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

oh so i don't buy ps3 to play games i'm buying it to place it on the pedestal and watch its potencial - well now that makes sense. god those PR guys are more and more insane.

theprof00 said:
ultimate_123 said:
theprof00 said:

OR maybe i am just making fun of you for your obviously rediculous predictions of 21,27,45 (only 7m more each than what they are right now) and now you are not only too dumb to make an actual prediction, but have a ralph wigum avatar, and can't tell when you're being made fun of.

3 strikes usually means you are out.

So whats your prediction, smart guy?

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Onimusha12 said:

Is it wrong for your schtick to get any older?

Seriously, your HD hate is so yesterday.

I buy stocks on potential, not electronic devices.

Sony PR needs to STFU. What a bunch of jackasses.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/