By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Four out of the top five Famitsu's most wanted are PS3 titles

I want an Enzo Ferrari but that doesn't mean I will buy it in the near future :p

Around the Network
fazz said:
I want an Enzo Ferrari but that doesn't mean I will buy it in the near future :p

you can always try to steal one.

We don't even know what RE5's graphics are, all we have seen is a pre-rendered video made before development of the game started. And if you're gong to say its going to be on the Ps3 and 360 then you have to say its going to be on the Wii since the last time anything was said about what console it would be on Capcom said they would like to put it on all three (again before production began). I realize my dreams for a Wii version are somewhat futile, but I can always hope on a situation like RE4 for the PS2 and with Capcom's recent comitment to focus the majority of its development on the Wii and DS, one can always dream. I hate it when a series is on one console then moves to another, it's just frustrating, at least when RE came to Nintendo it re-established the whole series on Nintendo instead of just putting the sequel or prequel on it.

RE4 has been out on the Wii for one week in the US and a two in Japan, how exactly does that measure its sales?

Woof said:
fazz said:

Wow Blue3, with that kind of argument you'd make a great PR spokesman for Sony. Haha.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

Nope. I just wanted to point that the order of those games doesn`t matter. ÃŒf you want me to use a game out of that list, then I`ll say Mario Party 8 is gonna outsell every single PS3 in that list by a decent margin, except maybe from FFXIII. I just said SSBB because, even though it isn`t in the top spots. it is bound to sell incredibly well. SSBM sold to 33% of GC owners in Japan. Now that Mario, AC, Nintendogs, etc popularity has increased, a game like SSBB that puts all of them in one package would be too good to pass up. Casual gamers love Smash too, so that may help even more ( and I`ve got proof of casual love). And the fact that Wii will easily double GC`s base helps 2.

Ackmed Tepish said:
And if you're gong to say its going to be on the Ps3 and 360 then you have to say its going to be on the Wii since the last time anything was said about what console it would be on Capcom said they would like to put it on all three (again before production began).

Capcom announced RE5 for the 360 and PS3 so until they say otherwise we can't just assume it'll be on the Wii as well.  Do you actually have any links or anything to back up your story about them wanting to put it on the 360,PS3, and the Wii?

Around the Network
diegomoroco777 said:
Nope. I just wanted to point that the order of those games doesn`t matter. Ìf you want me to use a game out of that list, then I`ll say Mario Party 8 is gonna outsell every single PS3 in that list by a decent margin, except maybe from FFXIII. I just said SSBB because, even though it isn`t in the top spots. it is bound to sell incredibly well. SSBM sold to 33% of GC owners in Japan. Now that Mario, AC, Nintendogs, etc popularity has increased, a game like SSBB that puts all of them in one package would be too good to pass up. Casual gamers love Smash too, so that may help even more ( and I`ve got proof of casual love). And the fact that Wii will easily double GC`s base helps 2.

Mario party Out sell GT5, Bahahahhahahahhahahaha hhahaha ahh.

Legend11 said:
Ackmed Tepish said:
And if you're gong to say its going to be on the Ps3 and 360 then you have to say its going to be on the Wii since the last time anything was said about what console it would be on Capcom said they would like to put it on all three (again before production began).

Capcom announced RE5 for the 360 and PS3 so until they say otherwise we can't just assume it'll be on the Wii as well.  Do you actually have any links or anything to back up your story about them wanting to put it on the 360,PS3, and the Wii?

Incidentally do you have links showing Capcom's official announcement? Even if it doesn't come out for the Wii I can always hope for a later adaptation or a port on Nintendo's future console. I'd hate to see the game wasted on two consoles without a certain future.

Woof said:
diegomoroco777 said:
Nope. I just wanted to point that the order of those games doesn`t matter. Ìf you want me to use a game out of that list, then I`ll say Mario Party 8 is gonna outsell every single PS3 in that list by a decent margin, except maybe from FFXIII. I just said SSBB because, even though it isn`t in the top spots. it is bound to sell incredibly well. SSBM sold to 33% of GC owners in Japan. Now that Mario, AC, Nintendogs, etc popularity has increased, a game like SSBB that puts all of them in one package would be too good to pass up. Casual gamers love Smash too, so that may help even more ( and I`ve got proof of casual love). And the fact that Wii will easily double GC`s base helps 2.

Mario party Out sell GT5, Bahahahhahahahhahahaha hhahaha ahh.

Calm down Blue3, you'll get yourself banned again.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

My bad, forgot about GT5. Though honestly, in the end, it may happen.

Ackmed Tepish said:

We don't even know what RE5's graphics are, all we have seen is a pre-rendered video made before development of the game started. And if you're gong to say its going to be on the Ps3 and 360 then you have to say its going to be on the Wii since the last time anything was said about what console it would be on Capcom said they would like to put it on all three (again before production began). I realize my dreams for a Wii version are somewhat futile, but I can always hope on a situation like RE4 for the PS2 and with Capcom's recent comitment to focus the majority of its development on the Wii and DS, one can always dream. I hate it when a series is on one console then moves to another, it's just frustrating, at least when RE came to Nintendo it re-established the whole series on Nintendo instead of just putting the sequel or prequel on it.

RE4 has been out on the Wii for one week in the US and a two in Japan, how exactly does that measure its sales?

Woof said:
fazz said:

Wow Blue3, with that kind of argument you'd make a great PR spokesman for Sony. Haha.

I thought you were banned Gballzack or was I mistaken?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

naznatips said:
Diomedes1976 said:
It means those games are what the real gamers want
.Thats something important .

As for the list ,this is the legit one

1. Dragon Quest IX : Protectors of the Sky (NDS, Square Enix)
2. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Square Enix)
3. Resident Evil 5 (PS3, Capcom)
4. Monster Hunter 3 (PS3, Capcom)
5. Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3, Konami)
6. Dragon Quest Swords : The Masked Queen and The Tower of Mirrors (Wii, Square Enix)
7. Super Robot Taisen : Original Generations (PS2, Banpresto)
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii, Nintendo)
9. Everybody's Golf 5 (PS3, Sony)
10. The Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass (NDS, Nintendo)
11. Crisis Core : Final Fantasy VII (PSP, Square Enix)
12. Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360, Microsoft)
13. Devil May Cry 4 (PS3, Capcom)
14. Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3, Square Enix)
15. Animal Crossing (Wii, Nintendo)
16. It's a Wonderful World (NDS, Square Enix)
17. The Last Remnant (PS3, Square Enix)
18. Final Fantasy IV (NDS, Square Enix)
19. Halo 3 (Xbox 360, Microsoft)
20. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3, Sony

Both Re5 and The Last Remnant are listed as PS3 games .Its obvious ,being 3 times as much PS3 as X360 there ,and there will be around 6 times by the time this games arrive .

And for the record ,no ,not Virtua Fighter 5 ,not Folklore and not Ninja Gaiden Sigma were in this list even once .Gunam Mussou did ,but Gundam Mussou actually sold well and pushed some consoles for 3 weeks .

Can we make the term "Real Gamers a bannable offense? It's just an ignorant term used by insulting, offensive, and hateful fanboys.

Anyway the famitsu list has never meant a whole lot. It's just like in America how magazines like Play are filled with nothing but PS360 games, even though there are a lot more Wii games made. Gundam Musou was #3 at one point I believe. Really, this would mean a lot more if it wasn't for the fact that 4/5 systems sold in Japan were Wiis lol.

I actually agree with this, it's deliberately provocative and insulting. It's a defensive mechanism used to support the argument that the PS3 is actually winning, in an alternate reality where "real gamers" are all that matter. 

Please stop using terminology like this, Diomedes. I'm a professional PC Gamer: you don't see me making fun of your more casual PS3 games, do you? Your games are for people who just play to screw around -- PC games are for professionals. THOSE are the real gamers, in my opinion.

Or, we can agree that we're all gamers, and that your preferences are not more "real" than mine. Is that fair Diomedes? I'd appreciate a response.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">