By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Four out of the top five Famitsu's most wanted are PS3 titles

Bodhesatva said:

I actually agree with this, it's deliberately provocative and insulting. It's a defensive mechanism used to support the argument that the PS3 is actually winning, in an alternate reality where "real gamers" are all that matter.

Please stop using terminology like this, Diomedes. I'm a professional PC Gamer: you don't see me making fun of your more casual PS3 games, do you? Your games are for people who just play to screw around -- PC games are for professionals. THOSE are the real gamers, in my opinion.

Or, we can agree that we're all gamers, and that your preferences are not more "real" than mine. Is that fair Diomedes? I'd appreciate a response.

Mind if I point out a small observation?

You might not want to berate him for calling one particular group "real gamers" then go on to say you think another group are the "real gamers."

Just flying around the level as an observer here, so you can't kill me. ;)

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network
Andir said:
Bodhesatva said:

I actually agree with this, it's deliberately provocative and insulting. It's a defensive mechanism used to support the argument that the PS3 is actually winning, in an alternate reality where "real gamers" are all that matter.

Please stop using terminology like this, Diomedes. I'm a professional PC Gamer: you don't see me making fun of your more casual PS3 games, do you? Your games are for people who just play to screw around -- PC games are for professionals. THOSE are the real gamers, in my opinion.

Or, we can agree that we're all gamers, and that your preferences are not more "real" than mine. Is that fair Diomedes? I'd appreciate a response.

Mind if I point out a small observation?

You might not want to berate him for calling one particular group "real gamers" then go on to say you think another group are the "real gamers."

Just flying around the level as an observer here, so you can't kill me. ;)

That's what I was thinking.

ckmlb said:
Ackmed Tepish said:

We don't even know what RE5's graphics are, all we have seen is a pre-rendered video made before development of the game started. And if you're gong to say its going to be on the Ps3 and 360 then you have to say its going to be on the Wii since the last time anything was said about what console it would be on Capcom said they would like to put it on all three (again before production began). I realize my dreams for a Wii version are somewhat futile, but I can always hope on a situation like RE4 for the PS2 and with Capcom's recent comitment to focus the majority of its development on the Wii and DS, one can always dream. I hate it when a series is on one console then moves to another, it's just frustrating, at least when RE came to Nintendo it re-established the whole series on Nintendo instead of just putting the sequel or prequel on it.

RE4 has been out on the Wii for one week in the US and a two in Japan, how exactly does that measure its sales?

Woof said:
fazz said:
I want an Enzo Ferrari but that doesn't mean I will buy it in the near future :p

you can always try to steal one.

Wow Blue3, with that kind of argument you'd make a great PR spokesman for Sony. Haha.

I thought you were banned Gballzack or was I mistaken?

Oh great, the name calling now. Haha. Yes, everyone who loves the Wii is Gbalzack, is a huge conspiracy against Sony, even the mods are Gbalzack, hahaha.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

If I see one more Famitsu's most wanted list my head will implode.

Why is the famitsu list completely irrelevant and meaningless in terms of sales? Because it's not 80% DS games. That's why

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Famistu readers are NOT representative of the whole martket,

In another hand, these games are still not released, so system that are selling rightnow are not suppose to be directly linked to game that will be wanted in the future

It mays explain the presence of 4 PS3 game in the top5 ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Edit: Mistake

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

Ackmed Tepish said:
libellule said:

Famistu readers are representative of the whole martket
In another hand, these games are still not released, so system that are selling rightnow are not suppose to be directly linked to game that will be wanted in the future ?

If true about representative of whole market then why it not reflect game sales?

Cause the most wanted list games aren't out yet? :p

Seriously though, the list represents some group of people somewhere. Wether or not it agrees with your viewpoint is another matter.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

SORRY

I WANTED TO SAY "ARE NOT REPRESENTATIVE"

error, I edit right now my post sorry

Time to Work !

libellule said:

SORRY

I WANTED TO SAY "ARE NOT REPRESENTATIVE"

error, I edit right now my post sorry

Ah, I see, my appologies for jumping the gun.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

well gundam (ps3) was on number 1 before it launched, nuff said.