By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Four out of the top five Famitsu's most wanted are PS3 titles

azzer100 said:
Let me get this straight, the wii is currently outselling the ps3 6 to 1 in japan right now. Even if these titles for the ps3 were to change the ratios so that the wii was 'only' outselling the ps3 by 2 to 1, then it still means the gap is getting BIGGER!

I cant see the sales of ps3 more then tripling cuz of these titles. no way. sorry.

Sony fanboys are always shouting from the roof tops about how these titles are gonna help the ps3 in japan but they conviently forgot the big wii titles coming out to. Im thinking that SSMB will outsell all thoses ps3 titles with the possible exception of FFXIII.

I want to make it clear that I dont think the ps3 is doomed at all. Infact I think it'll do pretty healthy in europe, but face it, in japan it isnt really looking that gd is it? come on I mean 6 to bloody 1!!

Do you think people, japanese or others, will enjoy old gen graphics (ps2, wii) for many years ?   

Around the Network

everyone should take this list with a grain of salt.. but it does give a general idea what people are looking for... just  like the list shams did on this site... did shams ever give his analysis of that list by the way?? was it shams or clmkb i cant remember...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

ckmlb said:
misterd said:
Kamizar said:
You forget, Biohazard 5 is multiplat...

and there is always that blasted MGS4 going multiplat as well, but MGS was never really big in J-pan...

Except in this case Multiplatform means "PS3 and 360" and the Japanese buy 360s like fat men buy thongs.

And MGS is big in Japan not as big as in the west but still big.

Yeah it's decent sized.  The last one sold .86 million I believe.  The list is interesting considering how horrible the attach rate for games is on the PS3, even games like Gundam Musou (4th on Famitsu on the 27th of Febuary) only sell 300K copies, and boosting PS3 sales for... well they didn't.  Not by any reasonable amount.  Resident Evil 5 makes even LESS sense on the list, as RE4 sales on the PS2, GC, and Wii combined didn't even hit 1 million in Japan.  So the only game I'm trusting on there to have any effect whatsoever is Final Fantasy XIII.  Everything else is a "wait and see what it does, but don't get your hopes up."  The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass was number 16 on that list and outsold Gundam Musou (#4) in it's first week.  

the only fact to end this thread....FAMITSU IS TO HARDCORE AS FAMTISU IS NOT TO CAUSAL MARKET!!!!

Bonafide732 said:
everyone should take this list with a grain of salt.. but it does give a general idea what people are looking for... just like the list shams did on this site... did shams ever give his analysis of that list by the way?? was it shams or clmkb i cant remember...

I can't see the list giving any idea, considering it's current track record this generation.  Zelda (#16) outsells Gundam's (#4) lifetime sales in 1 week.  How can you really get any accuracy out of this list at all? http://www.jeux-france.com/news19367_famitsu-most-wanted-02-02-08-02-.html my source btw.

Around the Network
diegomoroco777 said:
Using Famitsu most wanted is getting really old. You Sony fanboys should actually check how many votes the games get. In total, the top 20 have about 10k votes. That is about 0.2% of the Japanese gaming market.

Some of those games, like SSBB and Animal Crossing are going to oustell RE5, MGS5 and MH3 without a doubt. Hell, I`ll take a risk and say that SSBB is gonna outsell those 3 games together.

By your logic, since SSBB was even on that list it should be considered desirable by less than .2% of the market...  Or is this part of that mentality that Wii titles automatically get a +45% desire rate?

I'm just saying...

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Andir said:
diegomoroco777 said:
Using Famitsu most wanted is getting really old. You Sony fanboys should actually check how many votes the games get. In total, the top 20 have about 10k votes. That is about 0.2% of the Japanese gaming market.

Some of those games, like SSBB and Animal Crossing are going to oustell RE5, MGS5 and MH3 without a doubt. Hell, I`ll take a risk and say that SSBB is gonna outsell those 3 games together.

By your logic, since SSBB was even on that list it should be considered desirable by less than .2% of the market... Or is this part of that mentality that Wii titles automatically get a +45% desire rate?

I'm just saying...

I dunno how well SSBB will do, but I trust track records:

NameConsolePublisherJapanAmericaOthersTotal
Super Smash Bros MeleeNintendo1.444.061.086.58
Super Smash BrosNintendo1.972.930.655.55
Totals (2 matches)3.47.01.712.1

Compare to this game's sequel, much higher on the list:

NameConsolePublisherJapanAmericaOthersTotal
Resident Evil 4Capcom0.491.030.752.27
Resident Evil 4Capcom0.220.940.451.61
Totals (2 matches)0.72.01.23.9

You can add .04 million for the Wii version in Japan too.  So let's see how this logic works:  One game has sold less than .75 million copies in Japan, and it's sequel will be made on a system that's being outsold 6 to 1 week after week that you are claiming (if this list is accurate) will outsell a game who's prequel sold 1.42 million on a system with more than double the user base and a gap increasing at an incredible rate.

Famitsu and Sony are buddies. Famitsu hates nintendo...wheres Super Mario Galaxy on that list?
I bet SSBB will sell more than any PS3 title too. Most wanted titles...ha

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Famitsu and Sony aren't buddies, please stop making shit up because you don't agree with a poll they had.

Shrug, I want to play Resident Evil 5 and Final Fantasy XIII, but both are a while off, and Resident Evil significantly changed their style from previous versions with 4, so it'll be interesting just to see how they've continued the series. Some games may not be so interesting for me, but meh, I'm not Japanese, nor a Famitsu writer. Admittedly, the anticipation of Brawl is much higher, but that's because it'll be out much sooner, and everything I've seen I've liked, rather than some hesitations for other games.

With MGS4 contain a naked Raiden again? Will the Dragon Quest games still continue to use nonsensical bunny costumes for female charecters? Will Final Fantasy XIII actually have a story and characters rather than just being pretty and boring this time?

Will anyone else notice that 30% of that list was Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest titles? Anyone else want to form a "Dragon Fantasy" series and see how well that name alone will sell in Japan?

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.