By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Four out of the top five Famitsu's most wanted are PS3 titles

How do they make this list up?

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
RolStoppable said:

Famitsu's most wanted list isn't representative of the buying habits of the japanese market, it just shows which games japanese "hardcore" gamers are most interested in.

If I got an € everytime someone on this forum claimed that games on this list would help the PS3 in the longterm, I would have had 7 € by now.

No matter how many times you prove that Famitsu scores don't mean anything when it comes to sales... people still post the lists expecting that all of a sudden Famitsu's most wanted actually means anything.

lol.....yeah i agree its like they dont understand that famitsu only caters to the hardcore japanese gamers...not the regular market...lol...people will never listen!!!

Diomedes1976 said:
It means those games are what the real gamers want .Thats something important .

Not really, it's about what the mass of PS3 owners want...

A Blu-ray player...

They've sold more PS3's in Japan, but about the same amount of software, the numbers are pointing out that most people aren't using it as a console...

Would be nice to see Biohazard 5 on the Wii too

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

Strange that no one there seems to care about the Crystal Chronicles series of Final Fantasy, when just about every other upcoming Final Fantasy is on the list.

Around the Network

Wasn't Gundam Musou like 4 or 5 on the list when launched? It wound up selling less than 300k when the developer expected 500k.

Diomedes1976 said:
It means those games are what the real gamers want
.Thats something important .

As for the list ,this is the legit one

1. Dragon Quest IX : Protectors of the Sky (NDS, Square Enix)
2. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Square Enix)
3. Resident Evil 5 (PS3, Capcom)
4. Monster Hunter 3 (PS3, Capcom)
5. Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3, Konami)
6. Dragon Quest Swords : The Masked Queen and The Tower of Mirrors (Wii, Square Enix)
7. Super Robot Taisen : Original Generations (PS2, Banpresto)
8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii, Nintendo)
9. Everybody's Golf 5 (PS3, Sony)
10. The Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass (NDS, Nintendo)
11. Crisis Core : Final Fantasy VII (PSP, Square Enix)
12. Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360, Microsoft)
13. Devil May Cry 4 (PS3, Capcom)
14. Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3, Square Enix)
15. Animal Crossing (Wii, Nintendo)
16. It's a Wonderful World (NDS, Square Enix)
17. The Last Remnant (PS3, Square Enix)
18. Final Fantasy IV (NDS, Square Enix)
19. Halo 3 (Xbox 360, Microsoft)
20. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3, Sony

Both Re5 and The Last Remnant are listed as PS3 games .Its obvious ,being 3 times as much PS3 as X360 there ,and there will be around 6 times by the time this games arrive .

And for the record ,no ,not Virtua Fighter 5 ,not Folklore and not Ninja Gaiden Sigma were in this list even once .Gunam Mussou did ,but Gundam Mussou actually sold well and pushed some consoles for 3 weeks .

Can we make the term "Real Gamers a bannable offense? It's just an ignorant term used by insulting, offensive, and hateful fanboys.

Anyway the famitsu list has never meant a whole lot.  It's just like in America how magazines like Play are filled with nothing but PS360 games, even though there are a lot more Wii games made. Gundam Musou was #3 at one point I believe.  Really, this would mean a lot more if it wasn't for the fact that 4/5 systems sold in Japan were Wiis lol. 

Using Famitsu most wanted is getting really old. You Sony fanboys should actually check how many votes the games get. In total, the top 20 have about 10k votes. That is about 0.2% of the Japanese gaming market.

Some of those games, like SSBB and Animal Crossing are going to oustell RE5, MGS5 and MH3 without a doubt. Hell, I`ll take a risk and say that SSBB is gonna outsell those 3 games together.

If I remember correctly, the Famitsu Most wanted list is a voluntary survey (I believe it started as a mail in survey) which means it tends to favour hard-core games and established franchises; although games on the famitsu most wanted list often sell well, they also often end up being niche titles that sell poorly outside of the dedicated gamer market.

Oh, famitsu most wanted list ... if only you were relevant.