By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Four out of the top five Famitsu's most wanted are PS3 titles

I agree that the term 'real gamers' should be bannable.  It's meant to be insulting and people who feel they have the correct or 'real' opinions about games use it.  They, of course, are no more real than any other gamers, even casual ones.

Back on topic: the Famitsu numbers represent a tiny fraction of one percent of the gaming market.  It means there are thousands, or even tens of thousands of people who responded and want those games badly.  That's not a significant chunk of the market.  It's a snapshot of which games a specific set of gamers want. 

When the PS3 first came out there were a lot of interviews in Japan.  A lot of Japanese gamers used to want the PS3, but said it was too expensive.  Now, it seems, fewer want it.  Those people are far more mainstream than the ones responding to Famitsu about wanting Final Fantasy. 

Remember that, at its very best, Final Fantasy sold to approximately 15% of PS2 owners in Japan.  And that was with a relatively cheap and very popular PS2. The PS3, on the other hand, has struggled for 8 months to reach 1 million units sold in Japan.  None of those games will save it.

Around the Network

What happened to our most wanted list here?

......says the person too lazy to search for that thread! :0P

Let me get this straight, the wii is currently outselling the ps3 6 to 1 in japan right now. Even if these titles for the ps3 were to change the ratios so that the wii was 'only' outselling the ps3 by 2 to 1, then it still means the gap is getting BIGGER!

I cant see the sales of ps3 more then tripling cuz of these titles. no way. sorry.

Sony fanboys are always shouting from the roof tops about how these titles are gonna help the ps3 in japan but they conviently forgot the big wii titles coming out to. Im thinking that SSMB will outsell all thoses ps3 titles with the possible exception of FFXIII.

I want to make it clear that I dont think the ps3 is doomed at all. Infact I think it'll do pretty healthy in europe, but face it, in japan it isnt really looking that gd is it? come on I mean 6 to bloody 1!!

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

It's nice to want things.

Ackmed Tepish said:
Would be nice to see Biohazard 5 on the Wii too

I don't think that thing is powerful enough

Around the Network

Looking at the sales of RE4 on the Wii, it would be stupid for them not do it.

FishyJoe said:
Looking at the sales of RE4 on the Wii, it would be stupid for them not do it.

Another one of these 'it would be stupid not to make this game for Wii instead cause of sales' arguments...

The Wii is getting the Spinoff  RE: UC game.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Kamizar said:
Diomedes1976 said:
It means those games are what the real gamers want .Thats something important .

Not really, it's about what the mass of PS3 owners want...

A Blu-ray player...

They've sold more PS3's in Japan, but about the same amount of software, the numbers are pointing out that most people aren't using it as a console...

That's was part of the "Media Centre" strategy of the PS3, so I don't see why that is a bad thing.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Kamizar said:
You forget, Biohazard 5 is multiplat...

and there is always that blasted MGS4 going multiplat as well, but MGS was never really big in J-pan...

Except in this case Multiplatform means "PS3 and 360" and the Japanese buy 360s like fat men buy thongs.

misterd said:
Kamizar said:
You forget, Biohazard 5 is multiplat...

and there is always that blasted MGS4 going multiplat as well, but MGS was never really big in J-pan...

Except in this case Multiplatform means "PS3 and 360" and the Japanese buy 360s like fat men buy thongs.

And MGS is big in Japan not as big as in the west but still big.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!