By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Four out of the top five Famitsu's most wanted are PS3 titles

The famitsu list is very odd. When the Wii was a hit at the E306, the list was full of Wii and DS games(Zelda: Twilight Princess at #1!), that dissappeared from the list completely one week later.

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
Oh, famitsu most wanted list ... if only you were relevant.

But it is relevent.

Famitsu: Proving for seven months that the PS3s killer app will be the next game that comes out, sometime next year ... maybe.

This poll represents the opinion of what? 1000 people? It's not actually objective... And I totally agree with stof, the list would be full of DS games if it were representative of the Japanese peoples' preferences...

So? Musou Gundam was also in the top list most wanted but didn't sell much. Not even 300.000 so far. New Super Mario Bros didn't make it to the top 5 but is a million selling game. Paper Mario wasn't even in the top 20 but has sold over 400.000 pieces now. Trusty Bell was also in the top charts but just sold about 50.000 so far and dropped to place 30. Nuff said as well... Famitsu is mostly read by hard core gamers.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

routsounmanman said:
This poll represents the opinion of what? 1000 people? It's not actually objective... And I totally agree with stof, the list would be full of DS games if it were representative of the Japanese peoples' preferences...

I'm not entirely sure about the Most Wanted list but I know on other Famitsu reader surveys they've tallied about 1,700 people's results. Not a big pool of people at all, and the worst part is it's not a statisical choice of people, its a blob of readers, so it's hard to calculate how accurate they represent  the entire country, which in my opinion is not to good. Sure it'll look accurate sometimes 1,700 people I'm sure are excited about alot of the same stuff everyone else is excited about. But this group clearly lacks interest in many successful titles, I didn't see Wii Play toping the charts, I saw FF III for the DS beat Pokemon which sales obviously reflected the opposite by huge margins. Gundam Musou was up high and sales didn't reflect that kind of attention. So in my opinion they are a casual fascination to see, but I think it's highly absurd that so many sites post this list as if it represents Japan accurately.

Around the Network
stof said:
If I see one more Famitsu's most wanted list my head will implode.

Why is the famitsu list completely irrelevant and meaningless in terms of sales? Because it's not 80% DS games. That's why

Well put. In only a few sentences you were able to prove the reason why these lists are invalid.

Still, it does show the massive gap between die hard gamers and the Japanese market which is interesting... and a little alarming.

the list only give us readers an idea of how the number of people think about it (they use 1000 2500 ppl for it?).

so its not realy important. when i would ask 1000 people to make a top 5 of most wanted games the list would look completely different.

they have the money to put it in a magazine, i havent. thats the whole deal.

if vgchartz would make a most wanted list it would look different to.

life isn't complicated, just face it simple.

I think VG Charts tried to make a list like this once (not officially) but when all of the top game turn out to be Nintendo, PS3/360 gamers got angry and made there own exclusive Sony only an Microsoft only lists.

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

SleepWaking said:
well gundam (ps3) was on number 1 before it launched, nuff said.

and FF13 is #2 a year and a half before it hits stores, you all dont see the significance of that ?

It should be noted that RE5 is in development hell, or if it isn't now, it is probably multiplatform.

It is good for the PS3...but the fact is, not much is known about FFXIII, and the tide could change as more information comes out, both for that, MGS4, and RE5. It's a positive for the PS3, don't get me wrong...but I'll wait until more gameplay comes out.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )