By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's sold out in Japan? (pics)

sweet finally xbox might gain some ground in japan

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

Good for MS. Their jRPG campaign may finally be paying off over there. I'll be getting to Tokyo on Sept. 11 (Infinite Undiscovery release date). I'll report what I see there.

FF 13 appearing on the console, even if not in Japan, is probably helping the image.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Million said:
I'm not sure if this has to do with excess demand or underwhelming demand , looking at the 360 install base in japan i'm guessing it's the latter.

It might be underwhelming demand, but it's still twice as much as ps3's demand T_T

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I still can't believe that the 360 actually got such a boost from a title's released in Japan. The opens a WHOLE new realm of possibilities.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Million said:
I'm not sure if this has to do with excess demand or underwhelming demand , looking at the 360 install base in japan i'm guessing it's the latter.

Explain to me how something not having enough supply to meet demand led you to the conclusion that the demand must have been "underwhelming?" We can't exactly quantify demand, since MS didn't meet it.

Are you speaking on the completely different subject of ordinary demand being so low that they under-estimated demand this week?

It sounds to me like you're trying to spin this information to somehow look like the 360 and ToV didn't perform spectacularly in Japan, when in fact it was the best hardware mover the console had ever seen, and sold to about 20 percent of the 360 userbase in Japan, which is, believe it or not, suprisingly large, especially considering that this game isn't what we consider a "blockbuster" here in the states. It's just probably the first real franchise JRPG released on an HD console, and the Japanese ate it up.

I can't wait to play it, myself.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

This could increase demand on the 360 in Japan. The smaller the amount of games and systems pumped out the higher the anticipation, no matter where you are.

It was neat hearing about this, but great to see some pictures.
thanks.

thats a pretty cool milestone
good job m$

I love the PSWII60

If the 360 can continue to put up decent numbers in Japan it will boost their WW numbers immensely. I hope the execs are paying attention. Then again what am I saying, they probably popped some champagne when they heard about the sellouts. I see them going after a few more JRPG's now and trying to tie down some real exclusives for Japan.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Apparently Yodabashi Camera in Akihabara (the otaku mecca) is all sold out of 360s as well.

http://kotaku.com/5036846/the-xbox-360-akihabara-store-sell-out
http://www.destructoid.com/nani-kore-japanese-electronics-mega-store-sells-out-of-xbox-360s-99590.phtml