By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's sold out in Japan? (pics)

Sansui -

Selling out now might allow for a very positive effect for IU or TLR. This way, retailers KNOW that they can sell the Xbox 360's when a big game releases. So now they can feel more secure in placing larger, more ambitious orders for X360s.

With that (most likely) being the case, I think we can expect solid bumps for IU and TLR. I will be very suprised and hapy if either IU or TLR can increase X360 hardware above 10,000 on their debut weeks.

And the final question is: Could next week see more than 10,000 X360's sold? Would be awesome if that happened.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Sansui -

Selling out now might allow for a very positive effect for IU or TLR. This way, retailers KNOW that they can sell the Xbox 360's when a big game releases. So now they can feel more secure in placing larger, more ambitious orders for X360s.

With that (most likely) being the case, I think we can expect solid bumps for IU and TLR. I will be very suprised and hapy if either IU or TLR can increase X360 hardware above 10,000 on their debut weeks.

And the final question is: Could next week see more than 10,000 X360's sold? Would be awesome if that happened.

it already said in the preview that the 360 sold between 12k and 20k in japan i think

awesome pics! and great that the 360 is doing better in Japan!

toastboy44562 said:
mrstickball said:
Sansui -

it already said in the preview that the 360 sold between 12k and 20k in japan i think

i think that this preview is still referred to last week (ToV launch week)...we havn't any data on the current week as of now.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Pretty cool stuff here.

Around the Network
Spectrumglr said:
toastboy44562 said:
mrstickball said:
Sansui -

i think that this preview is still referred to last week (ToV launch week)...we havn't any data on the current week as of now.

You are correct. I am not talking about ToV week, which TheSource has stated the X360 sold between 12,000-20,000, but the week after. My question is:

1) Will the Xbox 360 get re-stocked for the post-ToV week?

2) Will the Xbox 360 see continued strong sales due to the general increase in consumer like of the Xbox 360 next week?

3) Will the fact the Xbox 360 is sold out squash consumer demand, as a one-off spike in sales, and drop to 5,000 units/wk until IU?

There are a few scenarios that could play out asking these questions:

Scenario #1: The Xbox 360 got sold out, and re-stocked very quickly, and will see very brisk sales next week (7,500+ units), and stronger than normal (4,000+) sales for quite some time.

Scenario #2: The Xbox 360 did not get re-stocked at any sort of decent rate, and will see 5,000-7,500 or so sales for multiple weeks, as it continues t sell out.

Scenario #3: The Xbox 360 sold out, and regardless of re-stocking, consumer demand has been met....Sub-5k sales until IU debuts.

There are many ways to look at supply and demand. Hopefully Microsoft can supply a lot of units to Japan quickly (I would think they could), and the market continues to buy the Xbox 360 at unpresidented rates.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Spectrumglr said:
toastboy44562 said:
mrstickball said:
Sansui -

You are correct. I am not talking about ToV week, which TheSource has stated the X360 sold between 12,000-20,000, but the week after. My question is:

1) Will the Xbox 360 get re-stocked for the post-ToV week?

2) Will the Xbox 360 see continued strong sales due to the general increase in consumer like of the Xbox 360 next week?

3) Will the fact the Xbox 360 is sold out squash consumer demand, as a one-off spike in sales, and drop to 5,000 units/wk until IU?

There are a few scenarios that could play out asking these questions:

Scenario #1: The Xbox 360 got sold out, and re-stocked very quickly, and will see very brisk sales next week (7,500+ units), and stronger than normal (4,000+) sales for quite some time.

Scenario #2: The Xbox 360 did not get re-stocked at any sort of decent rate, and will see 5,000-7,500 or so sales for multiple weeks, as it continues t sell out.

Scenario #3: The Xbox 360 sold out, and regardless of re-stocking, consumer demand has been met....Sub-5k sales until IU debuts.

There are many ways to look at supply and demand. Hopefully Microsoft can supply a lot of units to Japan quickly (I would think they could), and the market continues to buy the Xbox 360 at unpresidented rates.

Most haters are expecting the 3rd scenario while I think it will be the 2nd. I'm holding out hope for the first as I think the 360 deserves it.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

DMeisterJ said:
Let's remember that a "Sellout" is definitely relative to sales. 20k units being a "Sellout" is nothing special. But nice nonetheless.

Actually 20K in Japan is huge considering how low console sales have been in Japan. The PS3 only sold 10K last week. If the 360 can sell 10K in a week that is a huge week in Japan.

Since the begining of July the 360 sales in Japan have gone up. Great for MS, but what has helped it gain interest in Japan?

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

It's all about branding, and mrstickball is correct in that IF Japanese buyers like what they experience with ToV, they will be back for UI and Last Remnants, which will cause somewhat of a grassroot movement to expand 360's sphere in Japan. I'd ridden the place off last year, but M$ stuck it out, and it's starting to pay off...With others holding firm and the US rising, this holiday season will probably be the best for the 360, and of course have people talking about how it's the consoles last hurray.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Didn't see this coming. I am impressed yet again, Microsoft. Well done.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.