By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who else is sad that Nintendo is winning/won this gen ?

I hear what people say about Nintendo defining this gen with the innovation and such but i'm just not feeling anything nintendo has to offer ( with the exception of SSBB and Zelda ) I love Nintendo but  I don't care about Wii Fit  , Wii Sports , Wii *Anything* ,  I hate games like Animal Crossing, Bloom Box , Carnival Games  and i somewhat like the Wii-mote but not in the way that i think it should be the standard.

This thread isn't about the fact that I dislike the Wii it's about the fact that the thing i dislike the most is the most popular console availible,  it kills me . I remember the good old days when the PS2 was king now i feel like a war veteran who no one cares about anymore i fought for you and coulda died yet you still don't acknowledge me :(

I'd rather the XBOX 360 was at 30 million, i wish the Wii was HD...oh well

the casual demographic is killing my gaming experience this gen with developer priority eventualy switching to the Wii where the hell will i get my hardcore gaming fix ? without profiability Sony will loose reasons to keep running their development reosurces at such high capacity. I'm blaming the Wii for the loss of Eight Days and >>GETAWAY<<<, you friggin killed getaway Wii

At the end of the day it means less games like God Of War and more games like ... Mario & Sonic at the olympics...in SD... with a motion sensing controler.....what have we become.

Around the Network

I agree with you 100%, I've played a lot of Wii games and it does nothing for me, I really don't know what the big deal is, it get's boring fast. Let's just hope that Microsoft or Sony don't go and make a casual gaming console for the next generation. We need HD.

ps2 and good old days don't belong in the same sentence. try replacing it with NES.

also, Wii fit and everything else were planned before total nintendomination started.

Personally i'm quite happy ninty is #1, as didn't like where the industry was headed.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Million said:

I hear what people say about Nintendo defining this gen with the innovation and such but i'm just not feeling anything nintendo has to offer ( with the exception of SSBB and Zelda ) I love Nintendo but  I don't care about Wii Fit  , Wii Sports , Wii *Anything* ,  I hate games like Animal Crossing, Bloom Box , Carnival Games  and i somewhat like the Wii-mote but not in the way that i think it should be the standard.

This thread isn't about the fact that I dislike the Wii it's about the fact that the thing i dislike the most is the most popular console availible,  it kills me . I remember the good old days when the PS2 was king now i feel like a war veteran who no one cares about anymore i fought for you and coulda died yet you still don't acknowledge me :(

I'd rather the XBOX 360 was at 30 million, i wish the Wii was HD...oh well

the casual demographic is killing my gaming experience this gen with developer priority eventualy switching to the Wii where the hell will i get my hardcore gaming fix ? without profiability Sony will loose reasons to keep running their development reosurces at such high capacity.

At the end of the day it means less games like God Of War and more games like ... Mario & Sonic at the olympics...in SD... with a motion sensing controler.....what have we become.

In all honesty, I am not sad that the Wii won, but I am sad that I pretty much have to own more than one console.

About the part I underlined though:It didn't start with Wii, it just got completely out of hand for Wii.

God of War Sony Computer Entertainment 10,977 7.68 3.20m
God of War II Sony Computer Entertainment 12,799 7.82 2.18m
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock RedOctane 8,805 7.29 4.15m

Eye Toy: Play Sony Computer Entertainment 1,190 6.40 3.86m

Simpsons: Road Rage Electronic Arts 931 9.00 3.32m
Nintendogs Nintendo 21,586 7.84 19.21m
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day Nintendo 14,597 7.70 13.73m
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day Nintendo 14,373 7.81 11.70m
Animal Crossing: Wild World Nintendo 10,709 7.85 9.62m

Rugrats: Search For Reptar THQ 1,011 8.00 3.34m
Tetris Nintendo 5,408 7.82 30.26m

Simpsons: Hit and Run Vivendi Games 1,208 9.14 4.24m
Animal Crossing Nintendo 2,842 7.84 2.98m

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

I would prefer that MS would win this generation, but that is because the 360 is my faorite console and I want people to experience it. As for the casuals, let them have their games. As long as games I enjoy continue to be published, I could not care less about the casuals.

Million, don't worry, the HD systems will keep getting all those hardcore games...some of them will be shared with the Wii, like Call of Duty 5, Dead Rising, etc....but then again, you aren't directly affected....unless what you're talking about is all the core games abandoning the HD systems altogether and moving exclusively to the Wii, and that just isn't happening, so keep your cool.

Same dude. The most popular console is also the most worthless one... unlike the three prevous generations (PS1, PS2, SNES are all A++ systems, together they are the golden age of gaming for me).

Personally, I don't count the Wii as a competitor this gen. The war is still going on - and we'll see who comes out on top - Sony or M$, they shall be proclaimed winner.

I'd like to add that it's nothing personal Wii fans... it's just that I hate the Wii and it's style of "gaming".

Nice analogy... We now could die in the console wars? Maybe I shouldn't get my son into gaming.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Only thing i am sad about is that Microsoft made a crappy console and got away with it