By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cliffy B on resistance 2: My game is better

starcraft said:
Judging by the first game's, trailers impressions, he is absolutely correct.

I don't know. Gear's single player and co-op was definetely better than R1's campaign, but I really hated Gears multiplayer. Hated it, but I thought the single player made up for it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Well he is one of them who makes gears2 so wouldnt expect him to say that it isnt better.

Eh.. Why should I care about his comments?

I am trying to sell this product and I am saying it will suck. -> fail , so he really didn't have any other choises.

Whatever. Sounds like he's using the word Friend a little too loosely.

Around the Network
Gobias said:
starcraft said:
Judging by the first game's, trailers impressions, he is absolutely correct.

360 fanboy thinks 360 timed console exclusive is better than PS3 exclusive?

I'm shocked.

Gears 2 is taking shooters to where it hasn't been before. The 360 has the most revolutionary shooters. One is being made from the makers of lead designers of Unreal. Deal with it. Resistance 2 is a cookie cutter. I'm not doubting that the game can be enjoyable, but it's no Gears. First of all they aren't the same genre, so that argument is stupid. Gears 2 is a TPS and R2 is a FPS. Unreal tournament is arguably one of the greatest futuristic FPS games. Bleszinski knows his shooters and the Unreal engine is in:

Mirror's Edge, Huxley, BioShock, Mass Effect, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, Tom Clancy's EndWar, Lost Odyssey, Turok, Unreal Tournament 3, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Army of Two, Gears of War and Gears of War 2

As for the exclusivity comment, it's stupid, because i've noticed after my last exclusivity argument that even though Microsoft's version of exclusivity is stupid, it still is exclusive......to Microsoft. They own the rights to the game and have the right to make extra money on PC. If you buy it, you're still giving money to them. There is no dual publisher to the game. Microsoft also makes money off of PC software for your info. So...next time you used timed exclusive...make sure it applies to rival brands as far as exclusives are concerned. The PC isn't a rival brand, because Microsoft also makes money off of games they port to PC.

Oh yes, and last but not least. You're all fools if you believe Cliff is stuck up. He's just confident in his product. That guy has been one of the leading game designers in the world and deserves his position. He seems cool in interviews and happens to be one of the most charismatic developers to ever grab a mic and talk about his product with the fans, press and videogame websites. Deal with it. I believe he was correct when he stated that Hideo Kojima is one of the greatest developers alive and he's a fan, but MGS4 is a huge movie production and he wants to focus more on gameplay. I'll enjoy MGS4 myself as a big fan of the series, but I was at a friends house and I couldn't watch the game, because I didn't want it to get killed for me with all of the movies. I want to enjoy it all on my own. These are sad little truths that exist in the world, small..but true.

i played gears of war for 30 min and i was bored to death, i've tried playing it again, but its not for me. So imo resistance is better.

masterb8tr said:
i played gears of war for 30 min and i was bored to death, i've tried playing it again, but its not for me. So imo resistance is better.

Question.....do you even have a 360?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
masterb8tr said:

Question.....do you even have a 360?

answer: yes and i will sell you gears of war 1 if you want it:)

Yeah. I never understood what people saw in Gears 1. I have a 360, not PS3 (so never played Resistance) but Gears was a meh experience, good game, but not great. The running was weird, the cover system was good, the graphics were good but not that great either (IMO). I think I didn´t like the art direction.

In fact, there were certain parts of the game that I kind of forced myself to keep playing because I wanted to see what was that everyone else had seen in it, but it never came. So Gears = meh. Maybe, Gears 2 will be better, but it´s not on my "i want it now" list, and I have several other games I want to buy first

www.jamesvandermemes.com