By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HOME footage i cant wait for this to arrive simply brilliant HURRY UP SONY

Home ain't gonna be revolutionary.....Ninty and MS will have something just like it w/ their next consoles...its just an *evolutionary* improvement, but it will offer Sony:

-Social networking giving gamers that are introverted a way to hang out and talk about their favorite subject and thus become more loyal to Sony's products or hopefully anyway
-Increase sales of sony products - Home will have the theatre showing off occasional Sony movies and trailers whenever you want to watch those as well as have advertising for other companies, i'm thinking things like energy drinks

-Offer a service that Ninty and MS won't have yet

Around the Network

I hope the focus of Home is gaming. I think that some of the gaming elements of Home are unique and will add a lot of value. I really like the concept of the game based rooms (Resistance, Uncharted, and Warhawk). At the very least these rooms will be a great way for 1st party developers to add values to their IPs in Home. I can only imagine what the GT5 dealership/garage will offer. The Uncharted room looks great. Also, I like the concept of the classic mini-games offered in Home.

I found this link on Sony's dev net for the Home FAQ. It is over a year old and some of the information has changed, but I think it is an interesting read.

http://www.scedev.net/home/Third%20Party%20Relations%20Q%26A.pdf

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

The reason I am looking forward to home a little bit is the game rooms, the thing for warhawk looks to be fun (still need to get that game), the side scrolling uncharted game that is supposed to come with it etc. Maybe when some of my friends stop being cheap bastards and upgrade from their ps2s I will put some of the other stuff to use.

Don't forget that Sony has a HUGE catalogue of music and films at it's disposal.
It's quite possible that they could host virtual music stores and Streaming HD virtual theatres. say the new Matrix movie or whatnot - I'm sure many people would pay a couple of dollars to watch a HD stream of a movie online before it's officially released or even when it's no longer out on cinema and the person missed it and can now watch it in HD in their living room.
IF Sony do this right, home could be fantastic.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral