By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HOME footage i cant wait for this to arrive simply brilliant HURRY UP SONY

No, Sony; DON'T hurry up. The last thing the PS3 needs is a rush-job on its interface.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

I forgot to mention the trophy part of this - putting aside my feelings of trophies, I think the trophy aspect is just going to be another hassle.

you get a trophy and you make a special place for it in your room. You arrange them so you have your awesome ones up front and the piddly bronze ones more out of sight. Your room looks awesome with all your awesome equipment and trophies.

The problem is that somebody has to come to your apartment to see your awesome setup. Again, that's a hassle. Why the fuck would I want to take (at least) minutes to see that when I could have something like XBL where I just click a button and I can instantly see all your achievements (and I assume the XMB has something similar)?

My point about Home is that everything is done better through the XMB. People do like flashy graphics but they also like to save time. Home is flashy but it wastes a lot of time and that will be its downfall.

Skeeuk said:
badgenome said:

@Skeeuk: I don't see how it's possible to compare it to XMB, really. XMB is a clean, clear, and quick way to do things and get on with the gaming. Home seems like... I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be. But it looks like Second Life plus ad space minus flying penises.

Not that I don't see potential in Home with stuff like the game specific rooms, like the Warhawk war room deal. I'm just still not sure what Home is supposed to be, exactly.

well il have 2 difer with u on that 1. u see home is a free network for u to use, if u dont use it it ouldnt have cost u anything. i on the otherhand will use it aswell as majority of psn users, the idea is great and comes with many mini games for u to play with friends. at the cost of zero

u assume that the majority of psn users will use it. IDK, I think it would have to come strong for me to go use it on a regular basis. Home was cool, exciting and new when it was announced, now I feel like it's something Sony HAS to do just because they said they will and have put in alot of work into Home. IDK, the only time I think it would be good would be in like game conventions, like Sony gamer's day or E3 or something, but even then, we have IGN and gamespot that show it live, for free.

Edit: Isn't that video's footage old? I mean, I saw all of that back around Sony gamer's day.

@Twesterm, yes, u can look at other ppls trophies thru the XMB.

I'm sorry but I dont really see the appeal in it. Its a good idea, but I dont think a majority of people would use it.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Still seems pretty gimicky to me. Ppl will like it but its not something that appeals to me.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Around the Network

Will this allow you to watch movies and share pictures similar to what MS if offering in the fall? If it can do that then it would be prety cool but if it is mainly to chat and to look at the world then is just second life with PS3 integration. In the end I doubt many people will really take advantage of this at least not right now which is why I believe SONY is delaying it as it won't be embraced by most gamers.

Also will you be able to use your avatar similar to the mii's and I think MS is planning the same with their avatars though only E rated games currently. That would be a nice addition to Home as well. Instead of creating a new character for a game you already have it done from Home and can imported etc.

I am curious if anyone has a list of the feautres so far for home though I know it will have trophies and special rooms for some games and I am assuming lots of decorating and chatting.

Leetgeek said:
Oh man I feel sooo bad for my Xbox friends.... It really is a shame they couldn't wait for PS3 because no way in Hell I'm going to deal with $50 xbl after this....

dont feel sorry men.. im fine.. i get what i want.. and i dont have to wait 2 years.. live is short! ............

Theres nothing there that hasn't been done over the internet for PCs, only difference is it's on a home console.

Looks great.

Has anyone seen Wall-E? Home is what will lead to us being like the humans in that film....

....really fat!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot