By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HOME footage i cant wait for this to arrive simply brilliant HURRY UP SONY

It looks very good...I'm sure I'll at least mess around in it....but even I can't help but think...what if they had this ready at launch..or near launch..or in year one.

As long as I can use XMB still, then its cool.

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

Around the Network

to those who bash wiimote plus by saying "why be excited for something that should have been there from the start" Well the same can be said about this, so don't be hypocrites in that respect. Also anyone excited for this should never say anything bad about Animal Crossings either. Apparantly AC is hardcore if this Home is the bomb.

But personally for Home, I can see why some would be excited. Me personally I would spend a few minutes messing with my home or something, you know basically like how if I'm bored once in a while I'll go on Sims and build a house. (never play the game just build a house for fun).

And throwing in trophies or whatever from games and what not could make a sweet looking house. But other than boredom from no games i feel like playing I wouldn't do anything. I wouldn't sign in home and run my character to a lobby to play. Just seems like an unneeded process. So I wouldn't use it.

no video -- lame.

-edit-

Hmm, works now but now it autoplays and I can't seem to start and pause it.  double lame (super slow internet connection at work).

badgenome said:

@Skeeuk: I don't see how it's possible to compare it to XMB, really. XMB is a clean, clear, and quick way to do things and get on with the gaming. Home seems like... I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be. But it looks like Second Life plus ad space minus flying penises.

Not that I don't see potential in Home with stuff like the game specific rooms, like the Warhawk war room deal. I'm just still not sure what Home is supposed to be, exactly.

well il have 2 difer with u on that 1. u see home is a free network for u to use, if u dont use it it ouldnt have cost u anything. i on the otherhand will use it aswell as majority of psn users, the idea is great and comes with many mini games for u to play with friends. at the cost of zero

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

twesterm said:
no video -- lame.

really? ive embedded from cvg it seems to work on my screen.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
badgenome said:

@Skeeuk: I don't see how it's possible to compare it to XMB, really. XMB is a clean, clear, and quick way to do things and get on with the gaming. Home seems like... I'm not even sure what it's supposed to be. But it looks like Second Life plus ad space minus flying penises.

Not that I don't see potential in Home with stuff like the game specific rooms, like the Warhawk war room deal. I'm just still not sure what Home is supposed to be, exactly.

well il have 2 difer with u on that 1. u see home is a free network for u to use, if u dont use it it ouldnt have cost u anything. i on the otherhand will use it aswell as majority of psn users, the idea is great and comes with many mini games for u to play with friends. at the cost of zero

Well by your logic no gaming is better than gaming since its cheaper...

Anywho, looks nice...I'd fiddle around if this came out and I still had a ps3.

Its look MUCH better than last time I saw it. I was a little worried after some of the reports about Home I saw earlier, but I think it will be just fine when it eventually comes out, which might be late next year unfortunately.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

@ irstupid

can u please eleborate on how much wiimote plus will cost and how much animal crossing will cost?

i dunno why u have brought them up for. il say again home is a free network. u dont have to use it if u dont want to

It looks great and looks like a lot of work went into in. While I'm personally not really so interested in Home, I can see it's a really cool and novel concept.

Okay, it kind of worked now (started with telling me [no video], then autoplayed and couldn't pause it, then I saw about 20 seconds, and now it's buffering again I guess -- fuck all that, get a better player).

From what I saw, it still doesn't change my opinions. I admit, it's great looking and I'm sure it's a cool free MMO/chat room but that's it. When I want to play a game or watch a movie, I don't want to walk somewhere to play that game, I want to play that game.

To play a game at Home you have to walk from your current area to wherever you have to go to launch games. Lets just assume there aren't load times and that's still shit. In an MMO it can take minutes to walk across a city so we can assume it will take minutes to get to where I want to go. In a world where we bitch about 20 second load times and put up with 8 minute installs to get rid of those, that really sucks.

Now lets assume I can warp to specific areas. so I'm at the coffee shop chatting with friends and I want to play some Uncharted. I select the warp menu, select my apartment, and load my apartment. I wait about 15-20 seconds, then select Play my game, and then wait for the game to load.

I understand Home is cool and new but it's a hassle. It is in no way convenient and that's why people will ultimately forget about it.

-edit-

Of course I will fiddle with this when it's released but I don't think it's going to last me more than a week and I think that's how it's going to be for most people.  I think most people would rather just get to their game.