By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HOME footage i cant wait for this to arrive simply brilliant HURRY UP SONY

I'd rather have the XMB in terms of getting to my games and playing it. But if I'm in a clan or want to talk to friends, "Home" looks like a great tool for online interaction. Either way, atleast Sony got the 2d aspect of their OS out the door before the 3d, the best part is that there's a choice (on whether you want Home or XMB) and no one has to pay a dime for either.

Around the Network

HOME is going to be GOTY.

I hope theres something like a marker in the game so you can stamp a place of interest that you've been to and instead of running around everywhere you can simply choose to teleport directly to a specific area(s).

Is that Bill O'Reily being advertised in there? lol.

if i had a ps3 i would be very excited for this.

Around the Network

Imagine the next Ubisoft or S-E conference being broadcast in Home next year.... That really excites me....(some publisher was supposed to do it this year in the beta. was that done?)

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Onimusha12 said:
Is that Bill O'Reily being advertised in there? lol.

Oddly enough, I thought the very same thing.

I find it ironic that many PS3 users* ranting about Wii's "non-games" are so excited about Sony's "non-games" (Home and apparently Afrika though even less is known about it).

I join Twesterm in thinking that I and most people will not be interested by it for more than the novelty factor: i.e. I think Home will be a fad that will dwindle to slowly growing a niche audience with time, with a steady influx of new users as people buy PS3's and try it out but with most of them sticking with the xmb in the long run (the few that don't accounting for the "slowly growing" part of the beginning of the sentence).

However, I do hope that those of you interested by it will enjoy it as much or even more than you think you will and if it turns out to work as well as Sony wants it to work as a xmb replacement/complement then I will gladly change my opinion of it as it looks really neat... just really impractical too.

Oh, and BTW, as a non-PS3 owner (yet) can someone explain to me what is the difference between a good old menu at the top with drop down submenus and a menu in the middle of the screen with submenus half dropping down and half going up (a.k.a. the xmb)? Is it just that the xmb can have pictures in it whereas traditional menu bar and children element don't or is there some other feature I do not know/understand?

*in related threads and not necessarily all or even any of the posters of this thread in particular.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Second Life is no longer popular, Home won't be either.

This is my signature.

Damn it! Why is sony ruining gaming with all this non-gaming bull. I mean, first Home, then Little Big Planet, then Afrika. Of course, it all started with Lair, which can't be counted as a playable game (Zing!)

Now, I really don't get Home. Part of me thinks it's just like second life only instead of being able to basically do whatever you want with appearance/objects/physics/whatever you get to be cursed at by XBox-live-style idiots.

Another part of me looks at it and thinks "Man, sony really has no idea how to rip off the Wii, do they?"

And a third part of me just thinks "Yeah right. That's gonna come out sometime around the PS4."

I think Sony's main problem is that they have good ideas but they spend too long implementing them. Home would be an amazing concept if it was launched last christmas, but now with stuff like Google Lively in beta and the 360s Avatars (which are gonna be released well before Home, despite home being announced a year earlier), they really don't have the Wow factor. Same with Little Big Planet. I mean, allowing the characters to affect the game world however they want and make things however they want is awesome, but it's releasing early-mid '09, and is basically like a more intense platformer version of the Forge mode on Halo 3.

I'm not trying to troll, I just don't see this 'game' as the greatest thing ever to happen.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption