Doesn't think id software will be making any games for the console.

id Software co-founder John Carmack has all but ruled out making games for the Wii, stating he believes Nintendo "owns" the hardware and the software.

"About twice a year someone brings up doing a Commander Keen title or port, but it's probably not going to be happening," Carmack told Tom's Games. "The Wii is one of those markets where Nintendo owns both the hardware and the software, but part of that is because they make such damn good products. So it's the toughest platform for third party developers."

He continued: "We don't have a software or content base ideally suited for it. So it doesn't really play to our strengths and we're pretty busy with other stuff right now. I'm thrilled that Nintendo has had this kind of success because they took some risky bets, and it's always nice some bold thinking pay off for them. But I don't think we'll be on the platform."

So unless Nintendo comes out with a more powerful console at some time in the future, it looks like Nintendo fans will need to look elsewhere for id Software titles.

------------------------------------------

this is why nintendo are doing so well, the products are mostly thier own, i feel ninty will make most money this generaton