By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Carmack: Nintendo 'owns' Wii software

it looks far better than that.

I won't disagree that SMG is a nice looking game. But its hardly earth shattering or something that is completely out of reach of Gamecube or XBOX games. There are pretty nice screenshots, there are pretty average screenshots and it often has the advantage of rendering small areas (planets) with lots of nothing around.

Just for comparison xbox Splinter Cell 3.

and Halo2

Around the Network
Xen said:
Meh, it's just that everything I saw from the Wii didn't impress me at all... I may have been wrong.

See that's a fine opinion it works It doesn't mistake wrong information as fact. Anyways sc94597(why a name like that?)  explains really well. Wii generationaly didn't make the same kind of leap. It just made an evolutionary branch.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

If your hearth ignore to accept what you see ,even white still can be black for you.Each console has its own advantage ,why someone always love to come out and flame other console?Is it human nature to ignore what they haven't had?
Can't you stay with what you love and stop disturbed others?

24 million Wii owners who didn't buy Smash Brothers, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Wii Fit, etc. etc. etc. There is plenty of room if someone would make a game and advertise it on TV.

Yes, TV. That is what the mainstream gamer does between bouts of Halo, Madden and GTA.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

You guys always do this, didn't you read the article at all?

Carmack is talking about the product not the power of the system, the stupid authors narrative overshot what Carmack was saying and claimed id wont develop for the Wii because it doesn't pursue HD.

Carmack clearly sais he doesn't have software content for the Wii, which means he probably isn't sure if what he has can be marketed for the Wii audience and nothing more. The mythos is that Wii has some "hardcore" or PS360 gamers in it's group they that group is small compared to the install base on the PS360 platforms and a spec compared to the new audience (casuals).

Last time I checked though I thought he dealt with PC . >.>

This has nothing to do with the Wii specs as far as he's concerned, he would develop on the Wii if he had content that could rival Nintendo, that's quite a compliment to Nintendo and should send a message to any of the users on the platforms he does develop on, that they are missing rich content if they don't have a Nintendo platform.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
Kyros said:

it looks far better than that.

I won't disagree that SMG is a nice looking game. But its hardly earth shattering or something that is completely out of reach of Gamecube or XBOX games. There are pretty nice screenshots, there are pretty average screenshots and it often has the advantage of rendering small areas (planets) with lots of nothing around.

Just for comparison xbox Splinter Cell 3.

and Halo2

Lol is that some non-in game environments for Halo-2? Lol.

You're one of the best trolls on this forum, you take your hate for the Wii so seriously and embody it with such an appropriate avatar. You always try to pass it off as cynical mockery but your arguments are always so forced that the facade quickly breaks away.

Anyone seeing who posted this news item its not hard to see what the motivation for this thread was, lol. Wow does the Wii really scare you guys that much? If third party developers don't see that Nintendo is leaving the doors wide open for third party developers to publish the kind of games they typically make while not competing with the genres Nintendo typically makes, then they're the only ones to blame for not seizing the opportunity. Seriously how does a Mario or Zelda game compete with an FPS or Shooter?

The only one this generation competing with potential third party support is the PS3 who has every hardcore genre covered with its own ips. Resistance, Killzone, Uncharted, Tekken, Gran Turismo, etc. Meanwhile you have third parties trying to make games like Haze, Unreal Tournament III, Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, The Orange Box, Soul Calibur 4, Virtua Fighter 5, Burn Out Paradise all trying to compete for the same slice of the pie, and many failing to do so.

What's that? You say some of those games listed by third party developers aren't that good? Welcome to Nintendo's Hell. But hey, at least Nintendo isn't competing directly with third party support, unless of course that third party support wants to put all their money into casual games.

I think I'll just leave this here...
http://www.gameguru.in/images/riddick-next-gen.jpg
http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/600x400/180/the-chronicles-of-riddick-escape-from-butcher-bay.229300.jpg
http://www.armchairempire.com/images/Reviews/XBox/chronicles-riddick-escape-butcher-bay/chronicles-riddick-escape-butcher-bay-4.jpg
http://www.the-nextlevel.com/reviews/xbox/chronicles-riddick-escape/chronicles-riddick-escape-e.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/reviews/921671_20041210_screen007.jpg
http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/images/0883446244511980.JPG?0.9048729681780455

Pity really I would like to see more third party support for wii.

You're one of the best trolls on this forum, you take your hate for the Wii so seriously and embody it with such an appropriate avatar. You always try to pass it off as cynical mockery but your arguments are always so forced that the facade quickly breaks away.

LOL now we do not only have "financial analysts" on this forum but also self-appointed psychologists. Pretty funny. Perhaps you shouldn't take this forum so seriously.

My "hate" for the Wii thats pretty hilarious.

Besides I haven't understood the rest of your posting. It was a bit confused.

Onimusha12 said:

You're one of the best trolls on this forum, you take your hate for the Wii so seriously and embody it with such an appropriate avatar. You always try to pass it off as cynical mockery but your arguments are always so forced that the facade quickly breaks away.

Anyone seeing who posted this news item its not hard to see what the motivation for this thread was, lol. Wow does the Wii really scare you guys that much? If third party developers don't see that Nintendo is leaving the doors wide open for third party developers to publish the kind of games they typically make while not competing with the genres Nintendo typically makes, then they're the only ones to blame for not seizing the opportunity. Seriously how does a Mario or Zelda game compete with an FPS or Shooter?

Stick to the debate, if you think someone is trolling report them. Its not your job to confront people.

To Each Man, Responsibility