By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Jasper power usage: 100w, 60w less than Falcon! RROD/Noise eliminated.

Also, how can I know which 360 I'm buying, is it stated on the box?

Around the Network
HeroeDeLeyenda said:
Im now tempted to sell my 20gig from 1996 and get me one of these new toys

Make sure you get your money's worth as that is a real collectors item!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

So the 60 GB 360 are jasper generated????

pls answer my question :)

eliasg said:
So the 60 gb 360 are jasper generated????

There are Jasper 60gbs and Falcon 60gbs, as time goes by there will be fewer Falcon and more Jasper 60gb 360s. For now you have to wait for the information.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
eliasg said:
So the 60 gb 360 are jasper generated????

There are Jasper 60gbs and Falcon 60gbs, as time goes by there will be fewer Falcon and more Jasper 60gb 360s. For now you have to wait for the information.

Thanks a lot!!!

Around the Network

The PS3 never used 380 watts it was closer to 200 watts,

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-356-2.htm

There's no doubt the xbox uses less, but it's not by that much o.o

Bokal said:
Auron said:
Bokal said:
Squilliam said:
Gnizmo said:
Squilliam said:

Jasper has the 4th generation drives as well, they are unhackable thank god - which is good for developers who don't want to see their good work stolen.

Unhackable is impossible. The harder you make t the more determined people will get to prove this point.

The security was breached in the DVD drive not the system, the system security is pretty strong. Once they close the DVD hole which they are doing with Jasper it becomes unhacked again. So the mod chips won't work anymore.

Unhackable means less hardware sales.
All the 360 owners I know bought it because it was hackable.

SW sales are more important than HW sales.

They are both important, they rely very much on each other.

Lots of hardware sales => Lots of software produced => More hardware sales => More software sales, and so on.

Who knows where the 360 would be if it has been unhackable from the start? Probably doing just as well anyway, but who knows...

meh. there is no such thing as unhackable. obviously current mod chips wont work on the new drives. but i bet new mod chips will be developed. why? next to the wii, the x360 has the largest install base plus, dvd copies are easy to manufacture. which is why the ps3 has yet to be hacked. cost of manufacturing bd copies are still too high. when it goes down, i'm sure it'll get hacked.

when that happens, all hell will break loose.

CPU 65nm,
what about GPU? still 90nm? and has heatsing had any improvements?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
CPU 65nm,
what about GPU? still 90nm? and has heatsing had any improvements?

no

Tease.

BTW, 100 Watts is a rather impressive figure to reach for hardware which has GFX on these levels.

Props to Microsoft for keeping up the good fight :)