By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Jasper power usage: 100w, 60w less than Falcon! RROD/Noise eliminated.

Im now tempted to sell my 20gig from 2006 and get me one of these new toys

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
selnor said:
^ It's possible that some units of 60gb have Jasper and some dont. I expect though that by September they will all be Jasper.:)

100 Watts definately seems Jasper. And to those mentioning the disc spinning noise, I think the OP was meaning the loud hum noise from the fans that is gone. Whenever you used to fire a game up the fans would go into overdrive and sound like a vaccumm cleaner. Good to know thats gone.:)

Also if you buy a 60gb unit and install the game you won't really have much noise at all. Im thinking of getting an Elite later this year and installing all my games.

The disc spinning noise is quieter if you have a Falcon anyway. Think they have 3rd generation drives in the Falcon. As long as the fan hum is gone I'm a happy chappy. Slight disc noise is nothing. Well done M$ I'll be getting a Jasper unit for christmas.:)

Personally, I prefer the awesome name "Falcon" to the hillbilly sounding "Jasper". I'll take my RROD, thank you very much!

DMeisterJ said:
This is how it should have been in the first place. No RRoD

HOLEEE $h!T, he has something decent to say about the 360...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

selnor said:
Squilliam said:
selnor said:
^ It's possible that some units of 60gb have Jasper and some dont. I expect though that by September they will all be Jasper.:)

100 Watts definately seems Jasper. And to those mentioning the disc spinning noise, I think the OP was meaning the loud hum noise from the fans that is gone. Whenever you used to fire a game up the fans would go into overdrive and sound like a vaccumm cleaner. Good to know thats gone.:)

Also if you buy a 60gb unit and install the game you won't really have much noise at all. Im thinking of getting an Elite later this year and installing all my games.

The disc spinning noise is quieter if you have a Falcon anyway. Think they have 3rd generation drives in the Falcon. As long as the fan hum is gone I'm a happy chappy. Slight disc noise is nothing. Well done M$ I'll be getting a Jasper unit for christmas.:)

Jasper has the 4th generation drives as well, they are unhackable thank god - which is good for developers who don't want to see their good work stolen.

Tease.

Around the Network
pbroy said:

Save power, save money!!!

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/ps3-twice-as-powerhungry-as-xbox-360-211005.php

that alone will pay for your 1 year of live..

even as a joke, posting that article is extremely trolly.  the ps3 could use up to 380 watts, while the 360 was 160-200 (dont remember).  the reason i say could is because that is what the power supply allows, not what the system actually can use.

this actually would make the ps3 more eco friendly.  it allows the system not to kill itself when it is near maximum load.  the 360 has had many faulty systems because of the power supply being near max load while playing games.  the ps3 never came any where close to max load and thus removed one potential source of wasted electronics.

and that $40 year round is while always on at the extremely deceitful 380 watts.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

d21lewis said:
Personally, I prefer the awesome name "Falcon" to the hillbilly sounding "Jasper". I'll take my RROD, thank you very much!

You're a fool.

As for me, I'm waiting for the upcoming "Jethro" units.

I'll wait until the real "Jasper" comes out before i buy. Hopefully they put in a bigger HDD like over 100gig.

soccerdrew17 said:
pbroy said:

Save power, save money!!!

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/ps3-twice-as-powerhungry-as-xbox-360-211005.php

that alone will pay for your 1 year of live..

even as a joke, posting that article is extremely trolly.  the ps3 could use up to 380 watts, while the 360 was 160-200 (dont remember).  the reason i say could is because that is what the power supply allows, not what the system actually can use.

this actually would make the ps3 more eco friendly.  it allows the system not to kill itself when it is near maximum load.  the 360 has had many faulty systems because of the power supply being near max load while playing games.  the ps3 never came any where close to max load and thus removed one potential source of wasted electronics.

and that $40 year round is while always on at the extremely deceitful 380 watts.

The link is a reference to power consumption. Your post has no relevance to what I said. My point is the less watts you use, the less you pay for power. Now what's yours? Attack anyone who posts a link that has something bad to say about PS3?

Nevertheless 360 still uses less power. Now the power bill for the 360 might be more, because people might have their 360s on for more than 3 hours a day, which is highly likely. I mean most Blu-ray movies don't last longer than 3 hours. Therefore the 360 can demand up to $100 year with the power bill. haha

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Squilliam said:

Jasper has the 4th generation drives as well, they are unhackable thank god - which is good for developers who don't want to see their good work stolen.

Unhackable is impossible. The harder you make t the more determined people will get to prove this point.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229