By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Jasper power usage: 100w, 60w less than Falcon! RROD/Noise eliminated.

Gnizmo said:
Squilliam said:

Jasper has the 4th generation drives as well, they are unhackable thank god - which is good for developers who don't want to see their good work stolen.

Unhackable is impossible. The harder you make t the more determined people will get to prove this point.

The security was breached in the DVD drive not the system, the system security is pretty strong. Once they close the DVD hole which they are doing with Jasper it becomes unhacked again. So the mod chips won't work anymore.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Gnizmo said:
Squilliam said:

Jasper has the 4th generation drives as well, they are unhackable thank god - which is good for developers who don't want to see their good work stolen.

Unhackable is impossible. The harder you make t the more determined people will get to prove this point.

The security was breached in the DVD drive not the system, the system security is pretty strong. Once they close the DVD hole which they are doing with Jasper it becomes unhacked again. So the mod chips won't work anymore.

Unhackable means less hardware sales.
All the 360 owners I know bought it because it was hackable.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Bokal said:
Squilliam said:
Gnizmo said:
Squilliam said:

SW sales are more important than HW sales.

Auron said:
Bokal said:
Squilliam said:
Gnizmo said:
Squilliam said:

SW sales are more important than HW sales.

They are both important, they rely very much on each other.

Lots of hardware sales => Lots of software produced => More hardware sales => More software sales, and so on.

Who knows where the 360 would be if it has been unhackable from the start? Probably doing just as well anyway, but who knows...

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Squilliam said:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1201236&postcount=168

"

Okay as some of you know from reading my posts I have now a 60 gig xbox 360 and a 20 gig launch unit. I ordered the killowatt device posted earlier to tell the power draw they both have. I also ordered a temp gun but its not in yet.

No one noticed this?

Around the Network

eh, i dont know what to believe but at least microsoft are doing something right

The PS3 in no way, shape or form draws 380 Watts.
It has a powersupply rated at 380 Watts. There is a massive difference between max draw and actual draw. Same with PC's, they might have a 500+Watt powersupply - but they never draw that much.

Actual figures for the 40GB PS3 can be found here:
http://kernelslacker.livejournal.com/124350.html

The short version: Idle = 132 Watts, in game is up to 175Watts.

(Figures for the 60GB PS3 can be found here: http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-356-2.htm )

No evidence about the "No RRoD claim"

At least, we can "guess" it is now strongly reduced, back to a more acceptable level ...

Time to Work !

Good, now at least it is sorta possible for me to get one safely.

HeroeDeLeyenda said:
Im now tempted to sell my 20gig from 1996 and get me one of these new toys

360 lifecycle already > 10 years confirmed?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.