By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet Not An Exclusive After All?

bdbdbd said:
@S.T.A.G.E:
Nitrobike: PS2+Wii
Manhunt 2: PS2+Wii (+PC?)
RE4: PS2+Wii+GC+PC
PC does not count for it being different market and neither do last generation since it's different market too.

If Nitrobike is on the PS2 and the Wii it's not console exclusive. Same goes for manhunt 2. RE4 isn't console exclusive either. PC doesnt count.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Kyros said:
And even if. PC would be cool. Nobody is denying Gears or Halo to be 360 exclusives despite the PC version.

I am.

Seconded.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

@S.T.A.G.E: You know, it's not going to go on PC despite the pic in the OP. People who say it could go on PC, are just saying it could since Sony has published games on PC before. Looking at the hype behind LBP, Sony definately wants to keep it an exclusive.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I almost stopped breathing there for a minute....but its false, so no worries

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Um.... I doubt that the logo pic on a white serface would be the actual box art, that alone made me think that it was fake. But let's also look at the fact that the game is being published and funded by SONY....

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

@S.T.A.G.E: If so, why doesn't Sony or Nintendo release their big games on PC? If it's a different market, it wouldn't effect negatively on game sales or console sales. It just would be the opposite; if you'd have SMG on your PC, and liked it, you'd surely want to buy Wii and SMG for the Wii just to experience it on Wii.
Or GT5 on PC only would increase PS3 sales, since people would see how great game it is, and they'd buy PS3 for GT5.

With the same logic you said the PC is on different market, last gen is too. "Console exclusive" doesn't equal "exclusive".

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

bdbdbd said:
@S.T.A.G.E: You know, it's not going to go on PC despite the pic in the OP. People who say it could go on PC, are just saying it could since Sony has published games on PC before. Looking at the hype behind LBP, Sony definately wants to keep it an exclusive.

It doesnt matter whether it is or it isnt on the PC, it's not on any other console, so Sony still has boasting rights. Companies that own the franchise have the right to decide whether to allow PC owners to have the game or not. It depends on whether they need the money. Playing games on PC and on consoles are two different experiences.

@S.T.A.G.E: How they are different? You could have had somekind of argument a decade ago (for what more the PC could offer back then), but today when looking how much Sony and M$ (and Nintendo to an extent) have ripped from PC world, i can't see any basis to your argument.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

I think if we're including PC in the conversation, then basically no game is exclusive because you can always play console games on emulators on the PC. I don't think there're emulators for the next-gen systems yet, but I'm sure they'll come soon enough.

In the context of arguing about game exclusivity, I think most people just refer to game consoles and not include PC. Otherwise M$ fanboys can't claim that games like Halo and GOW are Xbox exclusive.

bdbdbd said:
@S.T.A.G.E: If so, why doesn't Sony or Nintendo release their big games on PC? If it's a different market, it wouldn't effect negatively on game sales or console sales. It just would be the opposite; if you'd have SMG on your PC, and liked it, you'd surely want to buy Wii and SMG for the Wii just to experience it on Wii.
Or GT5 on PC only would increase PS3 sales, since people would see how great game it is, and they'd buy PS3 for GT5.

With the same logic you said the PC is on different market, last gen is too. "Console exclusive" doesn't equal "exclusive".

Ask yourself why Microsoft got their hands on FFVII for the PC. They published the PC version. It was still exclusive to Sony though through 3rd party. They are totally different experiences and that needs to be accepted. Consoles war with each other, PC's are on their own. Videogames consoles are their own entity and in that they have no gripe with the PC. PC guys can mumble to themselves about how consoles suck all day, yet they don't. Anyone from PC who shifts to consoles like Valve sees an investment in consoles. Microsoft saw an investment in consoles themselves after they saw that Sony gathered market share by gathering games developers. Not 60% percent of the gaming industry with all platforms.... just consoles. Microsoft wanted in on that action instead of just publishing software for the PC, because they had no business with consoles in the past.