By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet Not An Exclusive After All?

When has ANY Sony published game went to the PC?

DC Universe Online will be out on the PC.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Even if it was on PC, it's still console exclusive. When will you guys learn the difference?

Well if you use the logic that a lot of unpaid Sony interns claim (aka Sony Tool Fanboys) then by default if this were to be real, anything that is published on a PC as well as a console stops being exclusive regardless if its console exclusive b/c all PC uers are apparently nerds that upgrade their PCs 24/7 so they can play the latest in PC gaming.

What are you looking at, nerd?
StanGable said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Even if it was on PC, it's still console exclusive. When will you guys learn the difference?

Well if you use the logic that a lot of unpaid Sony interns claim (aka Sony Tool Fanboys) then by default if this were to be real, anything that is published on a PC as well as a console stops being exclusive regardless if its console exclusive b/c all PC uers are apparently nerds that upgrade their PCs 24/7 so they can play the latest in PC gaming.

Or, you know, upgrade it once every 4 or 5 years for $500.  So yeah, longer than the lifecycle of your standard Xbox console.

shio said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
naznatips said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Try this on for size people. If its on PC...it STILL COUNTS AS A PS3 EXCLUSIVE! Exclusivity only focuses on consoles.

No, it doesn't. The PC is a gaming platform playing the same game as the consoles (often for less cost). PC games effect console sales, and buyer perception. Valve games will never be exclusive to a console, because they are PC games. The console versions are just cheap ports. When you call a cheap port of something exclusive, you only make yourself look dumb.

WOW..like I didn't know that it was a platform. ANYTHING that plays videogames is considered a platform smart one. Exclusivity only implies console exclusivity between warring consoles, vying for brand dominance. (IE: 360 vs PS3 or DS vs PSP) A PC is not a console, it runs differently and it plays differently while standing alone. MS puts it on PC because they create PC software as well as publishing games for consoles. It's two different experiences. One is infront of your television set and the other is on a computer screen. Get it straight.

don't bury yourself even more.

PC and Console directly affect each other's sales. That's all that matters.

Oh and more and more people ar starting to move their PCs into their living room. Get it straight.

So basically you mean to tell me that the Halo franchise isn't Xbox console exclusive in the console wars? So you're going to tell me that Final Fantasy VII wasn't console exclusive to the PS1? Please tell me you think deeper than that. Consoles are a booming market that are really giving it to PC's these days (Even though PC's are holding their own). PC games don't war with consoles, therefore the implication of blocked off exclusivity doesnt apply to PC. They are used as additional sales for Microsoft owned games. Those games are provided for those who don't have consoles (and trust me alot of pro PC fanboys hate consoles), they run differently for the PC and everything.

To further bolster my statement:

A video game console is an interactive entertainment computer or electronic device that produces a video display signal which can be used with a display device (a television, monitor, etc.) to display a video game. The term "video game console" is used to distinguish a machine designed for consumers to buy and use solely for playing video games from a personal computer, which has many other functions, or arcade machines, which are designed for businesses that buy and then charge others to play. -Wikipedia

Console exclusivity only counts to keep one game from being on another console. 1st party exclusives are usually set, 3rd parties can change any day of the week. PC's don't count.

First of all no freaking way. Secondly if it were on the PC its no longer an exclusive. All those things about console exclusive is complete bullshit because there is one market called the gaming market. It's either released on one platform or it isn't. I mean you may be able to get away with that if its released on a handheld and a console but that's because there versions would be very different. IN this case no.

But still I don't think this to be true. People just over exaggerating something that would mean nothing if you just looked at that box yourself.

Around the Network
Obliterator1700 said:
PS360ForTheWin said:
i call fake on the pic(SAME)
Check this out and tell me what you think?

Maybe I am mistaken, but didn't SSSB get a T rating?

@S.T.A.G.E:
Look, Wii has had exclusives like Nitrobike, RE4 and Manhunt 2.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Zucas said:
First of all no freaking way. Secondly if it were on the PC its no longer an exclusive. All those things about console exclusive is complete bullshit because there is one market called the gaming market. It's either released on one platform or it isn't. I mean you may be able to get away with that if its released on a handheld and a console but that's because there versions would be very different. IN this case no.

But still I don't think this to be true. People just over exaggerating something that would mean nothing if you just looked at that box yourself.

Reguardless of what you say LBP is still an exclusive to the PS3 console. I'm not buying the game, but it still is.

@Slimeattack: It was dumbed down for the PS3.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

.:Dark Prince:. said:
@BMaker11

FFVII?

Beat me to it.

Still... I it's a good sign people feel the need to photoshop this even though it would just be one among the crowd on PC. Guess that's why they used that instead of 360... easier to see.

Game is being made by under 40 people. It'll make serious cash without a PC port.