By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Zucas said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

The real question is why to Sony fanboys feel that it makes to handle, by assuming MS was willing to pay developers to support and appease its fanbase, but Sony wasn't. Isn't, "Well MS paid them" a good thing. Don't you wish super-rich Nintendo paid 3rd party developers for FFXIII and such? Wouldn't that be a good thing for Nintendo?

Or is it because of the stigma that "MS has infinite money, so this is nothing to them, and the PS3 is better, but developers choose the 360 cause of MS money, only." So basically, you're saying one piece of metal and plastic is better than the other, because of the name printed on it, and the fact that it has a blu-ray device that is replaced by 4 seconds of disc changing every 10 hours of gameplay?

Wouldn't a better talking point to spout in all these FFXIII threads be, "Well RRoD existed and there was no excuse so I bought a PS3." That one actually makes sense, and isn't a...you know...positive piece of PR for your competitors and their fans?

Your not going to see a Japanese company do that because even corporations follow the code of honor and respect. Something like that hits the media and you can bet stock prices drop.

I'm not saying they don't do it but it's something they'd never allow to hit the media because that's considered bad press. Personally I agree with them as it is a matter of honor and respect... but unfortunately you aren't going to see that with most business. Which is nothing to argue about because honor and respect can interfer with profits and money of course... but not in a case like this.

Code of honor? You mean like when Capcom decided to not honor their promise of RE4 exclusivity? Or when Square announced FF13 for the 360 without a second thought about Sony, who were supposed to have exclusivity? No, I am not taking any sides here, but japanese companies have no code of honor. They do what they get the most money from, as do most companies.

Around the Network
Kyros said:
Why doesn't SE dare to release FFXIII for Xbox360 in Japan?

Because there are three Japanese who have a 360 in Japan and they most likely have some kind of contract with Sony?

LOL, I am pretty sure there will be at least 10,000 more next week because of the release of TOV.

But seriously, according to the latest issue of Famitsu magazine, M$ did pay a lot of money (number remains to be revealed) to persude SE to release FFXIII on Xbox360.  I believe M$ must have requested the Japanese version as well but SE refused.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Its the fanboys wild card to say that company A paid company B. Don't argue with them, its like arguing with an oak tree.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Aj_habfan said:
"MS does not pay every publisher to put there games on their system. The only case was with the GTA IV DLC"

Bioshock was bought as a timed exclusive as well. You also mean to tell me all those Japanese developpers chose the 360 over PS3? Please, the 360 is a joke in Japan and without getting payments from Microsoft they would be suffering huge losses for no reason.

So that means that what MS did was only good for American and European 360 owners? How f'n dare they...

I'm beggining to doubt that you own a PS3 or you wouldn't be like "yay M$ added to the delay of this game hurrahh!!!"

Don't front like you're not a 360 fanboy.

Aj_habfan said:
How much did MS pay you to write this?

How much is Sony paying you to write that?

*waiting on identical reply

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
Leetgeek said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Aj_habfan said:
"MS does not pay every publisher to put there games on their system. The only case was with the GTA IV DLC"

Bioshock was bought as a timed exclusive as well. You also mean to tell me all those Japanese developpers chose the 360 over PS3? Please, the 360 is a joke in Japan and without getting payments from Microsoft they would be suffering huge losses for no reason.

So that means that what MS did was only good for American and European 360 owners? How f'n dare they...

I'm beggining to doubt that you own a PS3 or you wouldn't be like "yay M$ added to the delay of this game hurrahh!!!"

So you actually think that those who don't own a PS3 are immediatley cheering and celebrating the second they hear about a timed exclusive? Dude...most console owners don't have the time to look at internet sites. The hardcore gamers section are a small amount of the actually people who buy these systems in a consoles lifetime. You haven't even confirmed on whether he wants a PS3 yet. I've had conversations on this site, with people who have only 360's and put over PS3.

MS buys games. They are quite open about this. Sony does it too, sometimes; witness MGS4. If you have a problem with this, then perhaps you should start looking into companies that don't buy games.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

MS paid them and paid them well. What then?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Even if Microsoft doesn't pay ever dev out there, it's still a good strategy none the less. Why not except money from a company that you could use to fund additional projects for the future in return for a share in a competitor's profits.

An Example:
So basically, instead of company A (Sony) having 100% of game profits from said game (FF13, GTA4, DMC4, etc.)....company A will probably earn 70% of profits and company B (Microsoft) could get 30%.

It helps your company out and slows the momentum of the other company at the same time. I say Microsoft should continue to take a stake in Sony's exclusives like they're doing now because honestly if they didn't the race between the two could be different...very different.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Leetgeek said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Aj_habfan said:

So you actually think that those who don't own a PS3 are immediatley cheering and celebrating the second they hear about a timed exclusive? Dude...most console owners don't have the time to look at internet sites. The hardcore gamers section are a small amount of the actually people who buy these systems in a consoles lifetime. You haven't even confirmed on whether he wants a PS3 yet. I've had conversations on this site, with people who have only 360's and put over PS3.

The dude says he has a PS3 so if that's true then the only thing he "Gains" from FF13 on 360 is a delay.